I was upset when I realized I cracked my Lumia 900's screen until...

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
...I realized I now have a great excuse for buying a WP8 phone early :cool:

Still sucks, but I'd rather just shell out the cash for a 920 than pay AT&T $200 to give me a refurbished 900 or fix my screen.

I'm going to get a WP8 phone sooner or later anyway. :lol:

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
My 900 was stolen last weekend, and I was already going to buy a 920. Now the wait is annoying as my gf (who primarily used the 90) is back to a dumbphone. She doesn't believe the camera will be good on the 920 and insists she need to replace her point and shoot that was also stolen. Luckily, her DSLR was in another place.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have a work phone and they don't support of offer WP7. It took a directive from the CEO to get the iPhone in, so it may take a while before WP8 is supported.

GT2010

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
My 900 was stolen last weekend, and I was already going to buy a 920. Now the wait is annoying as my gf (who primarily used the 90) is back to a dumbphone. She doesn't believe the camera will be good on the 920 and insists she need to replace her point and shoot that was also stolen. Luckily, her DSLR was in another place.

Just in case anyone is wondering, I have a work phone and they don't support of offer WP7. It took a directive from the CEO to get the iPhone in, so it may take a while before WP8 is supported.
Amm well tell your girlfriend she needs to watch the blogs or something becuase the lumia 920 is so far superioir agiasnt any other phone there is :p

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This topic is weird, even if you where going to buy another phone anyway. It's always bummer to break yours. I mean what if the 920 had some nasty bugs and you have to go back to your old device? except the device doesn't work anymore. =/

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
This topic is weird, even if you where going to buy another phone anyway. It's always bummer to break yours. I mean what if the 920 had some nasty bugs and you have to go back to your old device? except the device doesn't work anymore. =/

My 900 still works perfectly. It's just got a hairline fracture running all the way across the screen, which I know is going to drive me nuts.

I'm not worried about the 920 having any bugs. The 900 had some bugs, but I wasn't affected by any of them, and more importantly, Nokia showed that they are more responsive and good to their customers when something like that happens than anyone else.

I think the 920 will be just fine and I am confident if there are any little bugs, Nokia will continue to do the fantastic job they have so far of resolving them ASAP.

I'm not excited about the fact that the 920 is bigger than the 900, but not sure what else can be done. The 820 looks cheap to me, not sure I would go with that. The 810 looks WAY better and has Gorilla glass. I might very well go with that, if I wasn't already under contract with AT&T.

I'm not even considering anything other than a Nokia though. It just remains to be seen which one. **** maybe I will get a Pureview 808 just for the **** of it and see if I can live with Symbian. At least it's not a giant phone and the camera is amazing.

Anything's possible, but my next phone WILL be a Nokia and I'll be buying it within a month or two because this screen crack is going to piss me off. :cool:

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Amm well tell your girlfriend she needs to watch the blogs or something becuase the lumia 920 is so far superioir agiasnt any other phone there is :p

I agree, but here rebuttal is that phone camera's suck, so being the best of the worst is not going to negate here need for a point and shoot.

She has agreed to wait and test out the 920 ... I think she'll be happy.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear about the theft. Do you and your girlfriend have homeowners' or renters' insurance? If so, you might want to check the policy. There might be some type of coverage for the devices.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
...I realized I now have a great excuse for buying a WP8 phone early :cool:

Still sucks, but I'd rather just shell out the cash for a 920 than pay AT&T $200 to give me a refurbished 900 or fix my screen.

I'm going to get a WP8 phone sooner or later anyway. :lol:

Sorry to hear that the screen cracked. :(

It would have been nice to be able to sell your 900 and then get the 920, but at least the wait for a new WP8 will not be long now. :)

dogfish54

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the theft. Do you and your girlfriend have homeowners' or renters' insurance? If so, you might want to check the policy. There might be some type of coverage for the devices.
We do have insurance, but there is a limit on personal property that is really low (lower than our deductible). The stuff was stolen from her car. Thanks for the suggestion though. A lot of stuff was stolen, unfortunately a lot of stuff that had no real value to anyone but us (old sporting goods etc.) The Lumia, a GPS and a 3-month old point and shoot camera were the most annoying.

At the moment, she is forced to use a blackberry ... has that been an experience :) I think I referred to it as a dumbphone above, basically because we can't get data to work on straighttalk, I guess you have to have some type of blackberry plan. Anyway, after messing with the blackberry for a while, I realize how a complete break from that OS to QNX will be nice. It just all feels so disjointed, even with the universal search. Anyway, off topic.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
BlackBerry basically will be a dumbphone on Straight Talk, since email, browser, AppWorld, MMS require BIS. A cheap used Windows Phone or Android would be a better option.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos