Where can I redownload Win8 install files

EddyRockSteady

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
OK - this is seriously screwed up by MS or I missed the boat completely........Here's the issue:

I purchased, got my serial and downloaded the files for setup, 2.63GB via the Upgrade assistant. Now there's the first problem as the 64-bit files are supposed to be 3.3GB.

As if that is not enough, all attempts at install proved useless, probably because of the file discrepancy.

OK - What now?

Google advises that I redownload the install files - good advice? One would think so, would you not?

Think again.

I cannot redownload any files as all attempts to run the upgrade assistant prompts me to purchase the product again prior to getting to the download. I have already purchased the product but cannot download the setup files.

Does anybody have any advice/ideas for me where I can download the setup files for Win8 64-bit again without having to spend another ?25?

Honestly, I have spent the better part of an afternoon on this and am none the wiser.

alphacc82

Oct 24, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if 3.3GB for 64 bit is correct. I downloaded 64 bit with upgrade assistant and the ISO is 2,828,864KB. I doubled checked with the now installed OS and it is indeed 64 bit.

jake69

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
mine was about 2.8 gb.

I ran into the same issue trying to install it after I replaced my hard drive with SSD. I ended up create a boot-able disk and installed it on boot up. They give you a choice of fresh install or keep your current setting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05