rogers-announces-nokia-lumia-920-going-on-sale-tomorrow

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
MobileSyrup doesn't provide a source and there is nothing about it on the Rogers website. All other sites reporting that the 920 goes on sale tomorrow cite MobileSyrup as the source (or Softpedia, which in turn cites MobileSyrup).

Given the fanfare over the strategic partnership between Rogers and Microsoft, I highly doubt that Rogers's announcement of the 920's availability would consist of a non-cited leak to MobileSyrup. :-S

Colour me skeptical.

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
MobileSyrup doesn't provide a source and there is nothing about it on the Rogers website. All other sites reporting that the 920 goes on sale tomorrow cite MobileSyrup as the source (or Softpedia, which in turn cites MobileSyrup).

Given the fanfare over the strategic partnership between Rogers and Microsoft, I highly doubt that Rogers's announcement of the 920's availability would consist of a non-cited leak to MobileSyrup. :-S

Colour me skeptical.

What's tricky is that MobileSyrup quoted Rogers? Chief Marketing Officer.

They're playing with fire if he did not actually say that.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
What's tricky is that MobileSyrup quoted Rogers? Chief Marketing Officer.

They're playing with fire if he did not actually say that.

Indeed. I can't find any corroborating evidence on @RogersBuzz or anything. Just a lot of confused would-be 920 owners asking for a comment on the MobileSyrup story. It looks like that if it is true that Rogers's CMO said this, he only said it to MobileSyrup.

Sigh. This is why I always stress the importance of citation to my students.

xxgatvolxx

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I cant see a launch for tomorrow, if we cant even see an official announcement. Mobilesyrup needs to update the piece or cite an actual source. As a Canadian I am excited if its true, but very doubtful as apparently no-one has been able to find one of these select stores.

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
MobileSyrup is usually bang on... I worked for rogers and read about the lumia 900 first on MobileSyrup lol

also:
Rogers announce they are preferred carrier for Windows Phone 8, launches Lumia 920 tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

Usually they are, yes, which keeps me from outright calling BS. WPCentral's article cites Crackberry, which I'm guessing got the information from MobileSyrup.

Also, KW apparently does not have any of these "select stores."

Last edited:

Xsever

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Indeed. I can't find any corroborating evidence on @RogersBuzz or anything. Just a lot of confused would-be 920 owners asking for a comment on the MobileSyrup story. It looks like that if it is true that Rogers's CMO said this, he only said it to MobileSyrup.

Sigh. This is why I always stress the importance of citation to my students.

Usually they are, yes, which keeps me from outright calling BS. WPCentral's article cites Crackberry, which I'm guessing got the information from MobileSyrup.

Also, KW apparently does not have any of these "select stores."

Here's an update for you guys. Apparently there was some sort of presentation so this is looking more like a legitimate announcement.

Rogers announce they are preferred carrier for Windows Phone 8, launches Lumia 920 tomorrow | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews

allos autos

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
the selected stores would be Rogers Plus stores... which there is only 10 in all of canada. (most being in ontario).

worked on tech support for rogers blackberry and only the rogers plus stores could do over the counter exchanges.

Villain

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site

Colour me skeptical.
guess you were right lol :p

weetigo

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Picked up my phone at the Rogers Plus at Garden City in Winnipeg at noon today. They had 2 in stock. It was still for sale when I left the store, but one woman was asking about it as I was completing my order. This is the same location that my reservation was suppose to be delivered to, but the staff hadn't saved it for me until I called.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb