No updates to the Calendar; no custom alerts

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I bet they are going to let the developers tackle this one. Keep the stock calendar and let the big guys like SPB make a kick *** app to fix it.

lonbraj

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
- No updated calendar (Week View)
- No custom ringtones
- No edit before forward email (Unconfirmed)
- No bluetooth file transfer
- No mass storage (Unconfirmed)
- No file explorer
- No WiFi always ON
- No better volume control
- No Text Reflow in IE and much more
I don't know why I still send feedback to MSFT, they simply don't care.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
- No updated calendar (Week View)
- No custom ringtones
- No edit before forward email (Unconfirmed)
- No bluetooth file transfer
- No mass storage (Unconfirmed)
- No file explorer
- No WiFi always ON
- No better volume control
- No Text Reflow in IE and much more
I don't know why I still send feedback to MSFT, they simply don't care.
Why do I keep reading this "no custom ringtones" thing? Don't you all mean "no custom sms/alert tones"? Mango brought custom ringtones.

Wifi always on has been solved by an app (best we can do), mass storage for devices was already covered on this site and has been confirmed, and I believe Bluetooth file transfer was already discussed/confirmed on this site, too.

Last edited:

jaethos

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Custom ringtones have been around for a while. Custom alerts we don't know, because a phone isn't going to come with custom alerts already installed now is it?

Bluetooth file transfer is in, at least as far as music, photos contact info and links are concerned.

Mass storage is confirmed, you can use windows explorer to add and remove music, videos, pictures and documents. See here. Move music, photos, and videos between my computer and my phone | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

Learn what the phone actually does before complaining about what it doesn't do.

nizzon

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I bet they are going to let the developers tackle this one. Keep the stock calendar and let the big guys like SPB make a kick *** app to fix it.

What a horrible way of managing main features of the OS.
I cant even count how many calendar apps I have tried on WP and all have been deleted.
WP Team has to wake up and look at what they can IMPROVE and not just add.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
@OP and others: I guess I am in the minority here when I say I like the calendar. I think the agenda view works just fine for seeing what's in your week ahead and we have great features like the 'running late' button.

Custom ringtones are there and have been for some time. I assume you are referring then to the sms/alert tones and as Jaethos pointed out really I don't think anyone has looked for it yet. Hold onto to your horse and let people get really in depth with their reviews. Microsoft can't cover every teeny, tiny bit of the phone or they'd be boring the press.

@lonbraj for your other complaints:

Not only is bluetooth file transfer there we also have NFC transferring where you can tap phones and exchange data, it doesn't even have to be a Windows Phone.

Mass storage is also present and has been confirmed/demo'd. As for wi-fi always on, I can understand why they leave it to an app, its a battery drainer and very few people use it compared to the masses.

Mind explaining your complaints about volume control? What were you looking for, individual treble and base control? No stock phone does that, Android has custom media players that do...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Well it looks like MS opened things up a bit in terms of drag and drop file explorer functionality. Maybe one of the kind souls over at XDA will figure out how to get into the alert sounds folder soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte