Microsoft sued over Live Tiles in Windows

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Patents have gotten out of control - the entire system needs to be reworked. What's to stop me from patenting the implementation of something, anything, that hasn't yet been patented - and then just wait for someone to come along and become successful with it so I can sue them? The system seems to cater to patent trolls.

I'm not even sure if all of them expect to win - they just want a settlement. Why else would this company, as an example, wait a couple of years after WP launches and gains some marketshare??

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Just another patent troll that goes to show the system needs to be reworked. In the end I promise this never goes to court and a settlement is reached.

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It definitely looks like they just threw up a webpage yesterday so they'd have a 'real' presence on the web to back up the fact that they're suing Microsoft for patent infringement...

sammygs2

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Ever since following tech news I have become immune to lawsuits. More will come and this will pass. It is ridiculous but no reason for us as consumers to get frustrated over a multi billion dollar company's problems.