Stream Internet Radio a la Windows Media Player?

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks;

This may be a stupid question and I think I may already know the answer, but there are certain radio stations I like to stream through the Windows Media Player Media Guide Internet Radio option on my machine here at work (with headphones on, of course) and I'd like to do it on my Lumia 920 as well. Most specifically, the Dub Roots and Dancehall Reggae Hits station.

Haven't mucked with Last.FM yet as I'm unsure of its usability/content licensing, etc. here in Canada. But I loves me that Reggae station and want to hear it everywhere!

Help!!

Tyresian

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
TuneIn Radio should have what you are looking for. They have tons of online stations so you'll have to search for them im the app.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
PS Here are the deets for the station:

Audio Codec: Windows Media Audio 9.1, 32 kbps, 32 kHz, stereo 1-pass CBR
Location: Rightonscales Reggae Radio (sponsored by RightOnScales.com)

Windows Phone throws an exception at that URL: "Sorry, we can't play this file on your phone."

:mad:
Open up TuneIn and search RightOnScales.

It popped right up for me.

WinPhone 7 isn't smart enough to associate the *.asx with TuneIn Radio.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
Open up TuneIn and search RightOnScales.

It popped right up for me.

WinPhone 7 isn't smart enough to associate the *.asx with TuneIn Radio.
Re: "Open up TuneIn and search RightOnScales. It popped right up for me."

Now you're just rubbing it in! ;) But seriously, thanks for trying.

Going to try to get down your way to take my teenaged basketball fanatic to see Aaron Craft in person, go Buckeyes!

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: "Open up TuneIn and search RightOnScales. It popped right up for me."

Now you're just rubbing it in! ;) But seriously, thanks for trying.

Going to try to get down your way to take my teenaged basketball fanatic to see Aaron Craft in person, go Buckeyes!

haha, I also sent you the link too...wasn't completely rubbing it in!

Hmmm, Craft isn't from Canada...how come you are a big Craft fan? (Great player, love the hustle...but it isn't like Columbus is close!) Full disclosure, I am a Michigan State fan, in Ohio for monetary reasons only. :D

Bring me a L920 and you can stay at my place for the game, haha.

lbcole

Sep 25, 2012
Visit site
haha, I also sent you the link too...wasn't completely rubbing it in!

Hmmm, Craft isn't from Canada...how come you are a big Craft fan? (Great player, love the hustle...but it isn't like Columbus is close!) Full disclosure, I am a Michigan State fan, in Ohio for monetary reasons only. :D

Bring me a L920 and you can stay at my place for the game, haha.
I popped TuneIn a quick note, hopefully they'll get the app running for Win Phone 8 toot da sweet.

Full disclosure right back, we moved from Toronto to Chagrin Falls, Ohio when I was in the 4th grade, I grad you mah tated from Chagrin Falls High then moved back to T-Dot, been here ever since. Me mum and sister stayed in Ohio though, sis was a Buckeye. Truth be told, I've always been more of a Blue Devils fan but since my sister went to O State, I have kept an active interest. Plus started watching Craft play so that's my team! That and my step-brother and his family live in Columbus too.

Guess we both know where your allegiances lie come Jan 19 & Feb 24 :mad:

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Full disclosure right back, we moved from Toronto to Chagrin Falls, Ohio when I was in the 4th grade, I grad you mah tated from Chagrin Falls High then moved back to T-Dot, been here ever since. Me mum and sister stayed in Ohio though, sis was a Buckeye. Truth be told, I've always been more of a Blue Devils fan but since my sister went to O State, I have kept an active interest. Plus started watching Craft play so that's my team! That and my step-brother and his family live in Columbus too.

Guess we both know where your allegiances lie come Jan 19 & Feb 24 :mad:

Ahhh, that would do it, haha.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans