Windows Phone 3.0 - Macintosh Syncing

grejj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi!

Have any other Mac users upgraded to the newly released Windows Phone 3.0 app only to find big problems with music syncing? Dozens of of my tracks now refuse to copy to my phone. I get a big ol' "Sync Errors" box with a list of tracks that would not transfer, but no reason is given.

If you have also experienced this problem, let's talk.

ltyarbro42

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I think these apps only work with windows phone 8? Not entirely sure, but I know the windows 8 app is for windows phone 8 only.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
also all my songs copied over like 3 times each on my music, probably the opposite problem you are experiencing.

grejj

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Good thought, but it definitely replaces the old app, Windows Phone 7 Connector, on the app store. It also recognizes my Arrive just fine, and syncs photos to iPhoto perfectly. Some audio tracks sync, but many refuse to.

For the time being, I've used Time Machine to restore Windows Phone 7 Connector (it doesn't seem to otherwise be available at all) and am happily syncing once again.

So, Mac users- you may want to hold off on this update until 3.0.1 at least.

caparsons

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Good thought, but it definitely replaces the old app, Windows Phone 7 Connector, on the app store. It also recognizes my Arrive just fine, and syncs photos to iPhoto perfectly. Some audio tracks sync, but many refuse to.

For the time being, I've used Time Machine to restore Windows Phone 7 Connector (it doesn't seem to otherwise be available at all) and am happily syncing once again.

So, Mac users- you may want to hold off on this update until 3.0.1 at least.

I was running into problems with my Lumia 900; could get video, photos, and such to sync, but not music. Rolled back to the Windows Phone 7 Connector and everything started working again. Definitely hold off the upgrade until MS works out the bugs!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos