Startup goes straight into account

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I managed to install Windows 8 and so far so good. Everything aside from my Sound Card (which Creative has stopped suporting) and TV Tuner is working fine at the moment.

The only issue I have is that after I reboot, or turn on the computer after a shut down, it logs in automatically to the last account that was used. There are others who use this computer, each with their own (administrator) account and we don't have passwords setup.

I would like for it to go to the lock screen on startup or reboot so that we can choose our own account, instead of being logged in right away and then having to log out. Does anyone know how to do this? I have been searching through all of the options and online but no luck yet.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Set up a password? It really doesn't take that long to type it in and it will solve your problem. The other option is to make sure you log out before you turn the computer off, I believe that would stop it from doing that. Other than that, I'd just dig around in control panel looking

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
If you don't want to type, which I do not when starting the computer. Just means I have to sit down or orient the KB so I can type in my 16 character password. Setup the picture password. Its awesome. Nothing revolutionary but very quick to log in. Especially with my touch screen monitor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs