XBOX Music playlist issue

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I have a really strange problem and no amount of googling seems to be helping.

I used to use a app called Music Bridge to copy the playlist from iTunes into WMP on my Win 7 machine. This used to dump playlists in my Music Directory (e:\music\playlists).

What i was unaware of that each time I ran Music bridge it would creat a new copy of the playlist and just add a number at the end of the name so for example 80s Rock would become 80s Rock 2, the number would go up each time I ran the app.

Now I have run XBox Music and ended up with thousands of playlists and seem to be unable to get rid of them. So I decided to delete all my playlists and uninstall XBOX Music hoping after I reinstalled the app it would have no playlists.

Unfortunately it seems to have cached the info somewhere or is pulling it down from the cloud.

Any idea how I can get rid of them and import some fresh ones?

garak0410

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
Side question - Are you able to sync playlists between devices? Any list I've made in XBOX music (be it from my Surface, XBOX or PC) will not sync among them. However, I see tons of other lists.

Digital Moe

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
I see all my playlists on the Surface but they tell me that it can't play them, probably because the actual music is not on my device.

I just deleted all my playlists, deleted them of my PC and created a whole batch of new ones and guess what it still imported the old ones mixed in with the new ones. So I manually deleted the old ones and tried to rename the new ones but it won't let me as it tells me there is already a playlist with that name.

So there is a cloud element that needs to be addressed where we can log in and make changes as this is just silly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte