"lumia tastes great! Htc 8x is less filling!"

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
So quick question for the tribe. WP has come leaps and bounds in a year, correct? Yes.

It is in its best position to succeed since its inception, can we agree on that? Yes. Very good.

So, now that it is on the verge of quite a bit of visibility in the next few months, why are people so worked up over how someone chooses to spread the WP message with whatever phone they get?

Now if you've got stock in htc or Nokia, it would definitely make sense. Sell
More phones, your stock goes up MERRY HOLIDAYS FOR YOU! Makes perfect sense.

I can also see any sales people on the boards who get a higher commission On one than the other. I'd be all over that too.

However I'm going to venture a guess that a good deal of us don't have a stake in either company like that. So, with that said WHY ARE PEOPLE'S SCREWS COMING LOOSE OVER THE 920 VS 8X?

Me, I'm pretty partial to the 8x and no amount of voluntary refresher courses on the spec sheet for the 920 is going to change that.

There are also people who are firmly digging in their heels to get a 920, and no amount of talk on the 8x's form factor will change that, to which I say RIGHT ON!!! Spread the WP love baby is how I see that.

So really, how about we try something. It will be super cool, watch.

If someone is pro WP8 phone on ANY side of the fence, here is the SOP I want to see:
1) Person expresses excitement for wp8 device in a post.

2) The next poster thanks them for being a fan & further lining Steve Ballmers pockets by buying a wp8 device.

3) both posters virtually high five + fist bump and then agree to go and try to convince as many of their friends as possible they need to switch to WP.

4) The next step is to go and make fun of iPhone fanboys for being, well, iPhone fanboys!

See, flies with honey on the hook instead vinegar, works a lot better.

I have spoken.....

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Not possible on this forum at least. A lot of the Anti Nokia and Anti HTC people have already decided they want a Nexus 4. So they could care less about Windows Phone. They just can't leave the site because of how boss the new layout is.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Well played, vagrantwade! To the OP, couldn't have said it better if I tried. I might get the 8X since I already know it's coming to my carrier and the 920 isn't. However if I do so I'll be breaking a promise to myself not to buy HTC after dealing with the crap quality, crap design, and crap support I experienced with my HD7. Honestly if I didn't love WP so much the experience probably would've soured me on the whole platform... That being said, everyone should get the device that best matches their priorities, and love and promote the snot out of it to anyone who will listen! *insert virtual dist bump here*

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
There wouldn't be so much squabbling here if certain people who we know don't like Nokia or the 920 would stop posting in every 920 thread about how bad they think the phone and Nokia is. We get it, you don't have to repeat it all the time and piss people off.

Best thing to do is just put the ignore list to good use.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
My guess is its more fun to poke the herd.....

Either way, tough to get worked up over something as trivial as someone else's phone purchase.

TaliZora

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
For the past few years I have had many different phones on ALL 4 major networks in the US and have much experience with ALL of the OS's and all brands. Each have their pro's and con's and I think it's due to this experience I have but I really don't understand brand loyalty.

People see my iPhone and they think I am a mac-baby. People saw my lumia and thought was a windows ******. Same with android. In all of my travels I have simply chosen what phone I wanted at the time regardless of what OS, brand, network. If I can get the phone that I want, I get it.

Right now, I have decided that my next phone with be the HTC 8X. Why? Simply put it looks like the best WP device in my eyes (I understand some people will disagree) and I had planned on coming back to WP when 8 came out.

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
WHY ARE PEOPLE'S SCREWS COMING LOOSE OVER THE 920 VS 8X?
Why not? We don't all have to be blind fanboys of anything related to Microsoft. I like technology, I'm on the side of companies who choose to innovate instead of iterate.

The second this place turns into a circlejerk is the second I leave it. There's no point to a discussion if everyone agrees with everyone.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
3) both posters virtually high five + fist bump and then agree to go and try to convince as many of their friends as possible they need to switch to WP.

No - I can't abide "pushers" and I refuse to one - if someone asks to me express a preference, then I might steer them towards android, WP or an iphone* depending on what their needs were but pushing one platform to all people is trying to push a square block through a circle.

* or a blackberry if they were a teenaged girl or they were poor.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium