Windows Phone 8.1 or 8.5 suggestions

GT2010

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
okay i got a few suggestions for a next update :cool:

New swipe area(Left)
Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to piss on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)

Horisontal and Vertical (multi screen) :cool:
Im not sure how this gona work since if you swipe right you get to programs list and settings :straight:
But we could access that menu some other way :mellow: ,Microsoft must really make Windows phone even more touchedellic :giggle: and also swipeedellic :D

Anyway on Topic agian we need multi screen live tiles and also if you switch to a new screen there must be a menu or bullet list like Nokia belle showing which screen you are at now :p

Notification Center
There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style :cool:

Programslist
We need to upgrade the list to iether Horisontal and Vertical the user can have the ability to choose :)
and maybe there can be more functions im not sure of what but you can do so many
there can even be swipe ability inside Programslist :D

Diffuclty Setting ;)
This option will only be added if Microsoft adds more options more touchdellic and swipedellic functions
For example
Normal user
Big User
IT User :p
you guys get the picture but this must only be added after we have added 200% more Functions :D

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So there it is not all of my ideas are here right with me now but theyill comeback soon :giggle:
Sorry for any incorrect function names i dont own a windows phone its costly :blush: but no matter what Im total Windows phone fan boy :D as long as the new Os grows im happy ;)

socialcarpet

Banned
Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
okay i got a few suggestions for a next update :cool:

New swipe area(Left)
Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to piss on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)

No thanks. There is a reason we use Windows Phone and not Android.

Im not sure how this gona work since if you swipe right you get to programs list and settings :straight:
But we could access that menu some other way :mellow: ,Microsoft must really make Windows phone even more touchedellic :giggle: and also swipeedellic :D

Hmmm... maybe.

I'm all for new ideas as long as they don't violate the core principles of Windows Phone, mainly having a clean, coherent "Zen" like minimalism to the user interface.

Anyway on Topic agian we need multi screen live tiles and also if you switch to a new screen there must be a menu or bullet list like Nokia belle showing which screen you are at now :p

No, I don't think so, the scrolling down works just fine. I don't think there is much about Nokia Belle that they should try and emulate here. Symbian (Nokia) Belle was almost as much of a visual eyesore as Android is. Too much clutter and noise.

Notification Center
There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style :cool:

I don't care what Android fanboys want. If they had any taste or sense of design, they wouldn't be Android Fanboys in the first place. The last thing I want to see is Window Phone making compromises to make that lot happy. F them. The true Android fanboys are never going to be won over to Windows Phone anyway.

Programslist
We need to upgrade the list to iether Horisontal and Vertical the user can have the ability to choose :)
and maybe there can be more functions im not sure of what but you can do so many

Why?

Diffuclty Setting ;)
This option will only be added if Microsoft adds more options more touchdellic and swipedellic functions
For example
Normal user
Big User
you guys get the picture but this must only be added after we have added 200% more Functions :D

20pBN.gif

No Android mess on Windows Phone. EVER. We don't need the clusterfvck of Android widgets and needless layers of control panels and menus. It is directly in conflict with the entire design philosophy of Windows Phone. Go buy an Android if that is what you want and leave our Zen rock garden of smartphones alone.

So there it is not all of my ideas are here right with me now but theyill comeback soon :giggle:
Sorry for any incorrect function names i dont own a windows phone its costly :blush: but no matter what Im total Windows phone fan boy :D as long as the new Os grows im happy ;)

Glad you're a Windows Phone ******, we can always use more of those.
pdbSZ.gif

mrmdj316

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I got one that will help them a lot:

512 bit CDMA encryption and current Qualcomm coding. That one will get US based CDMA carriers to give WP8 a chance on their networks.

geoken

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
The only change I would make to the app list is the ability to give apps an alias. Sometimes my less used apps are hard to find because there name is not related to their function (at least in my mind) so I can't remember what they're called.

For example, the app I used for Google Analytics is called In The Know. I don't use it very frequently so I constantly forget what it's called. If I could give it an alias (like 'google analatyitcs') it would be a lot easier for me to find.

Wayne Crannell

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
New swipe area(Left)

Hold down the left arrow. That's about all you're going to get to the left.

Would like the following (in no particular order):

Folders in the full app list
Custom colors on the start screen
Volume controls on the alarm screen
Keep working on the sync app...pretty buggy right now in Win 7
Transferrable playlists (through sync)
Font size options
PDF Reader

PurpleOmen

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Hold down the left arrow. That's about all you're going to get to the left.

It would be nice though if we had a way of closing the apps, like you can with tabs in IE and on iPhones. It's such a pain having to constantly press the back button until it finally closes, and especially if the app/game crashes!

abailey535

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I cant understand why Microsoft Outlook for Mac does not sync with WP8 using the WP8 connector. It will sync your itunes and iphoto, but can sync my contacts and calender from Outlook (a Microsoft product). This is a big turn off, but im trying to not let it bother me..

This is so far the only problem I have with WP8.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
It would be nice though if we had a way of closing the apps, like you can with tabs in IE and on iPhones. It's such a pain having to constantly press the back button until it finally closes, and especially if the app/game crashes!

Completely agree. If an app that uses GPS is running in the background, it sucks the life out of the battery very quickly. Im disappointed how MS handled this function. As you said, you should not have to go back to the App, and press back a number of times to close it. That is just poor execution on MS's part and they should be embarrassed to have left it that way.

People who dont visit forums and completely new to WP are not going to have a clue on what is killing their battery so quickly.

Munkeyphyst

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Completely agree. If an app that uses GPS is running in the background, it sucks the life out of the battery very quickly. Im disappointed how MS handled this function. As you said, you should not have to go back to the App, and press back a number of times to close it. That is just poor execution on MS's part and they should be embarrassed to have left it that way.

People who dont visit forums and completely new to WP are not going to have a clue on what is killing their battery so quickly.

you don't have to "back out" of the app to close it. You just have to tell the app to "stop navigating"

Maybe there needs to be a smart feature where Nokia drive detects that it's been running without interaction for a set time, and prompt for interaction to keep navigating. Of course, all the people using it will then complain that it distracts the driver and is too annoying...

dawindbag

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
New swipe area(Left)
Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets just to piss on android fan boys for no reason :D but still it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too

This is my preferred solution to the oft talked about need for a Notification Center. A simple left swipe would bring up all the missed toast notifications and possibly certain social updates.

No idea what you are talking about here, but I'm pretty sure it's a terrible idea.

Notification Center
There must be a Swipe to the center just not from the top otherwise android fanboys gona wet their nappies :lol: maybe we can from bottom or from coreners with a cool style

See Point #1 above.

Programslist

No. This is nonsense.

Diffuclty Setting ;)
For example
Normal user
Big User

I'm regretting replying to this thread.

mpelti

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
New swipe area(Left)
Here we can maybe find file mangager and other things and Microsft should also make this layout customizable like Widgets ... it would be cool to have something other than live tiles too :)

Swipe left would be a perfect place for the glaring omission of notification center. And it is a glaring omission, because as good as live tiles and lock screen notifications are, they can't consistently answer the question: "why did my phone just buzz?"

anon(5327207)

May 28, 2011
Visit site
I want to see Video Out, either Cable or WiFi and native VPN.
Smart Dial, would be good too.

The only feature I think is good on Android, is custom Ringtones. Its plain Simple.

Your list, does not fit for WP.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo