Show contact's birthday on calendar?

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
This question might have been asked but I really can't find a solution: how can I make calendar show my contacts' birthdays? I previously used an Android phone so all my contacts were stored in gmail account. Now when I switched to Nokia Lumia 900, I succeeded in importing all my gmail contacts, and I can see their birthdays are here too in People. However, their birthdays won't show on calendar.

I did choose to sync gmail's calendar, and I can see previous tasks too. But I guess contact's birthday is not really a gmail calendar item, so they are not imported to my WP7. Plus, since I have already imported all the contact information to whatever Microsoft account, I assume I just need to make it show now-local contacts' birthdays. How can I make it happen?

Thanks!

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the very opposite with my Facebook calendar. In order to pull up calendar features go into calendar, swipe up to reveal the settings and check the birthday calendar.

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I had the very opposite with my Facebook calendar. In order to pull up calendar features go into calendar, swipe up to reveal the settings and check the birthday calendar.
Thanks for your reply! What was your intention with FB calendar(it must be my English but I don't understand it)? And I don't think my Setting is the same as yours. I am using the OS version 7.10.8779.8. I think this is the latest version since I just got my phone yesterday and I ran an update for my phone from Zune.

So now when I go to Setting for Calendar, it only lets me choose which accounts' calendars I want to display and what colors I want them to be marked. For example, I have enabled my Windows Live, Google and Outlook calendars, and disabled FB calendar. The only other setting I have is "Preferences", which has two on/off options: "Show to-dos on the calendar" and "Only show Facebook events I've responded to". I don't see any setting for birthday. Actually I think I have read this "birthday calendar" somewhere. Where do you find it?

PolishHitta

May 19, 2011
Visit site
I have the same settings as you do. Now I checked where my birthdays are coming from and so i color coded facebook from live account and noticed that birthdays are synced with my live account. Now, that means that my facebook contacts are also synced with live. What you should do is go onto you account settings online and link your facebook with your account and see what happens. Best yet for you to link as many accounts possible.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
If you don't see a 'Birthday Calendar' in your calendar settings on the phone, log into your Microsoft account at outlook.com and go to the Calendar there and make sure you have the Birthday Calendar selected. It should populate with birthdays from your Microsoft account contacts and any social networks (FB, LinkedIn, etc) that you have linked with your Microsoft account.

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you don't see a 'Birthday Calendar' in your calendar settings on the phone, log into your Microsoft account at outlook.com and go to the Calendar there and make sure you have the Birthday Calendar selected. It should populate with birthdays from your Microsoft account contacts and any social networks (FB, LinkedIn, etc) that you have linked with your Microsoft account.
Thanks, that seems to be clearer. But I still have two problems: I checked from outlook.com, which I learned is an update of hotmail service so I am expecting I can keeping using my hotmail account which I already set on my WP7 phone. However, in the calendar from outlook.com, I already ticked the birthday calendar and I can see it from the website that all my Facebook contact's birthdays are showing there. But still, in my phone's calendar I don't see anything. And I still don't see this "Birthday Calendar" setting on my phone neither in "Calendar" nor in "email+accounts". The setting is the same as I mentioned in one previous reply, only to choose which accounts I want to include to calendar.

The second problem is, like I mentioned I'd like to see my gmail contact's birthdays, not only facebook(many of them don't use FB). But it seems outlook.com has some problem with importing gmail's contacts. On the website after I logged in, I do see this option to import from gmail, but when I click it, nothing happens, it shows some loading circle like forever. Luckily I do have another Windows 8 computer, which I also use this hotmail account. So I go there and open the new People program, select to connect to gmail, I see all my gmail contacts showing now, but in the calendar program of Windows 8 it still doesn't show the birthdays of them. So now I absolutely don't know how to proceed. Any help? Thanks.

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Weirdly even though I did nothing, after about half hour since I check the calendar from outlook.com, during which I forced the calendar to refresh several times, my contact birthday calendar, as well as other calendars, namely Chinese holiday calendar, finally show up on settings from Calendar of my phone. But I still have one problem: it doesn't show my gmail contact birthday(only my "main" calendar from gmail is imported and showed). I saw somebody said they succeeding in showing gmail contact birthdays, I don't know whether it is because the imported contacts from gmail to Windows Live account, or because they imported contact calendar from gmail directly to phone's calendar. Anyway, I seem to have problem of doing neither of them. Like I mentioned, I tried to import gmail contacts to outlook.com contacts. But it is working like a XX because nothing happens except it keeps showing a stupid loading circle.

Last edited:

tetelee

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
And finally I find the way to import gmail birthday calendar(as well as other calendars I configured in gmail account): the key is to go to m.google.com/sync FROM THE PHONE, and configure which calendars you want to share with which of your devices. By default only my own calendar is selected, the contact's birthday and all other calendars such as holiday calendar are not configured to be imported. After I picked the calendars I want, I forced the account to sync by pressing on the gmail account name for a while and select sync. Now all the gmail calendars are configurable in Setting of Calendar of my phone and by default they are enabled.

The tricky thing is I have read about this m.google.com/sync, but that post didn't say I should go there from my phone. So I went there from my computer, and it is totally different: on computer it is basically an instruction page telling you how to sync with your device, also it seems to be quite old page because there is still Windows Mobile, not Windows Phone OS. But by going to the same address from your phone, you can not only configure the sync options for your current device, but also other devices that you have configured to sync with gmail account. That's what you are really interested in.

Khoa Lai

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for digging this thread up, but I did exactly what u said but my phone still doesn't show my contacts' birthday. I'm using Windows Phone 8, btw.

kamen_ivanov

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi Khoa Lai,

I'm using WP8 too and I managed to figure it out.

1.Go to outlook.com and log in with your live account
2.Go to People (click on the down arrow in to left top corner of the screen) and connect your account with Facebook (Import email addresses from Facebook)
3.Click again on the same arrow and go to calendar then in the right top corner click on the settings icon and make sure the Birthday option is selected
Now from your phone:
1.Go to settings -> email + accounts
2.Add your facebook account(if you have not already)
3.Tap and hold on the facebook account and click sync
4.Go to Calendar then click on the settings option and turn on the birthday calendar

I hope that will help you do the job.

Greetings,
Kamen

Moe4ever

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This question might have been asked but I really can't find a solution: how can I make calendar show my contacts' birthdays? I previously used an Android phone so all my contacts were stored in gmail account. Now when I switched to Nokia Lumia 900, I succeeded in importing all my gmail contacts, and I can see their birthdays are here too in People. However, their birthdays won't show on calendar.

I did choose to sync gmail's calendar, and I can see previous tasks too. But I guess contact's birthday is not really a gmail calendar item, so they are not imported to my WP7. Plus, since I have already imported all the contact information to whatever Microsoft account, I assume I just need to make it show now-local contacts' birthdays. How can I make it happen?

Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster