Please Help-Which Phone to buy?

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I didn't think id ever say this, but I'm torn between the HTC 8X (Yellow) and the Lumia 920 (Yellow). Ive been scouring the forums looking at what people think about both phones, and i honestly don't know what to do. Im in Australia, and my local store which i have pre-ordered at, will be selling the Lumia 920 unlocked for $829. I just found an online retailer which has the HTC 8X for $599 with free shipping and have just confirmed that they do indeed have stock.

I dont know if I'm being impatient as the 32gb of the Lumia is so much better but i really want to upgrade my L900... now

should i wait until the 15th to get my Lumia or bite the bullet and get the 8X now?

Last edited by a moderator:

dharmababa

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
The 8X is a good choice but I would wait! A couple of weeks is worth getting the right phone that you may use for years. You should feel both in your hands before making the call IMO. Wouldn't want to get your hands on a 920 in a couple of weeks then regret the decision :)

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Think about what you like the most about your 900 and made the decision accordingly. both phones are miles ahead of it.

Vheissu

Oct 11, 2012
Visit site
The 8x yellow is so awesome tho love that tennis ball color and it's matte, but can't blame you for wanting the spec monster 920 not much can stand against that spec sheet

dameon_03

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
i say if possible, if you can find thr devices in store go in and use them for a bit and see which one you like the most

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Its an issue for the HTC 8X. No stores will have them until the end of the month. I'll only have to wait until next week to get my lumia so ill get that. I've been happy with my lumia 900 that I've ditched my iphone5 for it. So the lumia 920 will be even better

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
As usual, no one has asked the OP what his wants and needs are for a device. That will determine which one he should get more than our own preferences.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think id ever say this, but I'm torn between the HTC 8X (Yellow) and the Lumia 920 (Yellow). Ive been scouring the forums looking at what people think about both phones, and i honestly don't know what to do.

Let's make this simple: what do you want from a phone, what is important to you, what do you need to have, and what can you live without?

Jason De Castro

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
My decision has been made. But my needs are a screen size between 4.3-4.5". Premium feel when holding it (I don't like light phones). A good camera, but most pictures will be taken during the day. And the most storage I can get. I can live with 16gb, but after having an iPhone5 w/64gb I kinda want to be carefree about my storage again. Reading what I have just written, the lumia 920 is the way to go. As others have said, I would most probably regret my decision seeing as I will be using the phone for the next year or so. But saying that, the 8X is one sexy device!

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
I was convinced I wanted a Lumia 920 but now I think I will just wait until I can play with both phones in the store and see which one I like better hands on. The biggest negative IMO against the HTC is the smaller memory.

Heron_Kusanagi

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
As usual, no one has asked the OP what his wants and needs are for a device. That will determine which one he should get more than our own preferences.

So true. Advocating patience is one but what phone suits the individual is key now. Is it apps? Customization? The latest hardware specs? Tangible, standout hardware features? Or a fast experience with a modern interface?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion