Low WP marketshare makes me kinda happy

sailorboi88

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to admit that a small part of me is just fine (maybe even happy) that WP has a pretty small market share. This way, I stand out with a really cool phone amidst an ocean of android and iPhone users. I know there are disadvantages to this, (ex. proportionally low dev support, etc) but the uniqueness factor kinda makes up for it it.
Anyone else who feels the same?

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Same here, but I feel as it is the WP marketshare is a bit "dangerously low", as in, for it's own health (like apps etc) it could be a bit higher while still keeping some of the uniqueness to it. But I do get what you are saying! :D

And it's funny cos people are constantly impressed by the OS when they see it in person. WP would deserve much more!

sailorboi88

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
now that you've said it, yeah I'm getting what you mean by dangerously low. On the bright side (at least brighter than RIM), is that it is pretty stable.

People say the same when they see my Lumia800! But i guess to everyone else, thousands of useless apps > unique, cool, great OS

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
Dangerously low can be a major issue to on OS. I have a BlackBerry and it is absolutely useless for ecosystem and BB10 isn't going to help their cause. Don't get me wrong, I love my BB as a phone/messaging device, but It sucks when you don't have any of the apps that make info accessible or the entertainment that everyone else has. And BB will never get them. WP will be "too big to fail" type OS and devs will support. MS doesn't have a choice. If not, this will be my last venture into dying or unproven ecosystems. Surface is my first time with WP OS and I like it. It may be rough right now, but MS doesn't have any choice but to make it succeed. At least that is what I'm telling myself.

wamsille

Banned
Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Windows Phone could still fail at this point. For that matter BlackBerry and BB 10 could save RIM.

Try not to speculate what the market is going to do over the course of the next 12-18 months because there is enough that happens with technology and consumer interest that it flips and goes round and round dozens of times. I work with a guy that was extremely happy with an HTC Evo 4G on Sprint until he dropped it. He used his upgrade with Sprint and bought an iPhone 4S, not even an iPhone 5, on contract. I'm sure he regrets it to a degree since it's capped at 3G speeds and he's...well he's on Sprint. (I can joke about it because I was on Sprint for over a year)

I know my Lumia stands on its on (literally) when put up against a modern smartphone. It does have issues - and they become apparent when I'm using IE to browse the internet or loading up Netflix to watch a movie. I just have to remind myself that no one phone is perfect.

LusignS

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I felt the same way until Windows unveiled its new OS. I now feel I got in on the ground floor, before the hype. People didn't recognize the tile layout before windows 8 release, now they perk up to have a second look. My device has gone from smartphone obscurity to trendy.
The OS runs smoothly, I have yet to encounter any major issues with it? other than Zune. A few more apps would definitely help their cause. Marketplace isn?t bad but it?s not great either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster