The .pdf problem...

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi mpt15, thanks for the suggestion. I'm using pompolutz (tried a few) but it's the lite version. I don't see any options to save the PDF I'm viewing. Is that in the paid version?

Regards

I dont understand why you cant save files. i opened a pdf that i received by email. Im using pdf reader by popmolutz (lite version).
i exited the app and when i reopened it i can see the odf file i received by email under the "local" header.

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
you can use the pro version to send files by emil and bluetooth. more details below. the pro version of the app by pompolutz is published by Ocius. this is the link:
PDF Reader Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I dont use the Pro version as i have no use for it.

Read PDF, XPS and CBZ files (password protected also) on your Windows Phone 8 device, open them from SD card, SkyDrive, internet, etc. Share them by email, Bluetooth and SkyDrive.

With this app you will be able to:
• Search for text
• Pin documents to start screen
• Read password protected pdf files
• Send by email or Bluetooth
• Open files from SD card
• Share files via Skydrive
• Invert document's colors
• Integrate with SkyDrive for fast and easy access to your clouded files
• Really quickly opens PDF, XPS and CBZ files
• Easily zoom in text or images for closer comfortable view
• Open files received as email attachments, downloaded from internet or open them from Office hub
• Navigate via file's content
• Jump to desired pages

soapybacon

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
you can use the pro version to send files by emil and bluetooth. more details below. the pro version of the app by pompolutz is published by Ocius. this is the link:
PDF Reader Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I dont use the Pro version as i have no use for it.

Read PDF, XPS and CBZ files (password protected also) on your Windows Phone 8 device, open them from SD card, SkyDrive, internet, etc. Share them by email, Bluetooth and SkyDrive.

With this app you will be able to:
• Search for text
• Pin documents to start screen
• Read password protected pdf files
• Send by email or Bluetooth
• Open files from SD card
• Share files via Skydrive
• Invert document's colors
• Integrate with SkyDrive for fast and easy access to your clouded files
• Really quickly opens PDF, XPS and CBZ files
• Easily zoom in text or images for closer comfortable view
• Open files received as email attachments, downloaded from internet or open them from Office hub
• Navigate via file's content
• Jump to desired pages

I think third from the bottom is what I'm looking for yay!

Thanks for your reply and help, just new here and am probably coming over as a whinger but when you can't do something simple out of the box it can be very frustrating.
As to your previous reply, honest answer is I'm not really clear on that. I think I can see the file you mean but you can't open and reply to an email I have received, attaching that PDF to it.
It's easy to create a new email from the file, if you know what I mean, but not attach it to an existing email (which can be real important to keep the trail going)

Anyway thanks again for your help
Regards

mpt15

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I meant I can see the file under"local" and I can open and view it. To send it by email you will need an app like the pro version. You can also check out PDF send by Kipware

pgd1

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Actually I had a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android phone before I purchased my Windows Phone 8. I was using my WP8 as my main phone and my Android more of a toy, but have since switched to my Android for pretty much everything now. There are too many limitations, and in my opinion, there are too many basic features that the WP8 just doesn't have. My first impression of the WP8 was, like everyone else, "Where is the File Manager. Why do I have to connect my phone to my PC for ____? Where are the PDF files go? How do I print? How do I connect to a network shared device?. The bottom line is, in my opinion, WP is the new iPhone, and Android is the new Windows. I really WANT to have a WP, and I WANT to prefer it to Android. But I keep having to go back to Android, and its not just for one missing function. Its because, I kind of feel like the developers at Microsoft don't really give a *@?$ about their customers, as long as they can try to steer us to where they want to take us. Attitudes like, "This is simply a 'works-as-designed' scenerio," and, "if you don't like it then go somewhere else," pretty much make my point for me. And yes, there are reasons/benefits to use/not use any particular system, and I haven't found one phone device that has *everything* I want. Android comes closest. My guess is the upcoming Ubuntu phone will be similar. And, unfortunately, you're right - If I don't like it, go use something else... so I do. Unless the entire WP community revolts X-Box-style and forces MS's hand, we're all just gonna have to bend over and stick our phones... where MS wants us to stick them.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I think people who have sdcards can upload pdf files manually and then download a third party app which open files in pdf and send them as an attachment. I use my iphone now for this purpose since I have 8x :/

Richard Davis3

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
Tom are you me! :smile:
I could not have put it better and you describe my situation to a tee even down to Blackberry.
Does anyone actually go to MS conferences and shout at them? because they sure as heck don't listen to user feedback.
It's just such a simple thing to fix yet look how long this thread has been going on for.

Same exact situation; I bought WP thinking it would be a good business tool since all my other devices are Windows, how wrong I was! MS are kidding themselves if they think enterprise customers are going to even consider WP with this kind of limitation. Its just not going to happen!

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
@Pratrap, That's great (wouldn't expect anything less)

Now how do I get the PDF that's attached to the email I've just received on my phone to that same Documents location on my phone without a laptop?

Regards

Depends on which PDF reader you have installed, the Adobe version is very basic and can't do this. The Microsoft PDF reader can do this. With the .pdf open, tap once to pull up the breadcrumb "..." menu and tap again to get more options. Tap 'Share', sign in to Skydrive and upload. It will prompt you to share with someone via e-mail link but you can cancel the message, the file will still be uploaded.

Tom Hebert

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Depends on which PDF reader you have installed, the Adobe version is very basic and can't do this. The Microsoft PDF reader can do this. With the .pdf open, tap once to pull up the breadcrumb "..." menu and tap again to get more options. Tap 'Share', sign in to Skydrive and upload. It will prompt you to share with someone via e-mail link but you can cancel the message, the file will still be uploaded.

Unfortunately this is not an acceptable solution. Sending clients via hotlink to a skydrive version of the PDF will do nothing but confuse them and make them wonder why I am giving them access to my cloud drive. I just want to attach a file to an email and send it -- like the rest of the world does that is using Office products. Why can't Microsoft make a Windows phone that does that?

hprvez

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
You are not giving them access to your cloud drive, but just to that particular file you want them to view. Sending files has never been the goal of a mail service. The answer to your question can be given only by microsoft...

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunately this is not an acceptable solution. Sending clients via hotlink to a skydrive version of the PDF will do nothing but confuse them and make them wonder why I am giving them access to my cloud drive. I just want to attach a file to an email and send it -- like the rest of the world does that is using Office products. Why can't Microsoft make a Windows phone that does that?

I think you misunderstood. Doing the above way will result in a PDF file that you can attach to an email instead of sharing a link. It's how I have to do all my pdf's. It sucks, but it's the only way that seems to work.

Tom Hebert

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I figured that out, but most of the people I work with will have the initial reaction I did -- why is he giving me access to his SkyDrive and not just sending me the pdf as an attachment? Understood that only microsoft has the answer....

Tom Hebert

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Seem to have found a workaround for the pdf problem. I came across a post in a Microsoft forum just now from last May -- and it addresses this issue. This is not my idea, but I just tried it and it works!

"Let PDF Reader do the SkyDrive upload, and cancel out when you get to the email account prompt. Now go into the Office hub, the PDF will be in the SkyDrive root directory, tap/hold/share to email as a proper attachment."

Awesome!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros