Hey guys 8x or ativ for tmobile us

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you, of course. Me? I'm getting the Lumia 810. I was considering an HTC WP8 device until I was told about various issues with the brand. Samsung? Never.

Agent-P

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
As of yet, Samsung hasn't said anything about carrier availability for the Ativ. All we know is Verizon will get a version of it in December.

Also, I've owned two HTC devices (HD2 and Radar) and I haven't had an issue with either of them. So either I was super lucky or people are making a bigger deal out of small stuff with their HTC phones (I have no idea which is true, I just know I haven't had problems with HTC).

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Keep in mind that the 810 has a low res screen and is the worst looking phone of 2012. I'll wait for the ATIV if I where you.

justinl111

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
It's up to you, of course. Me? I'm getting the Lumia 810. I was considering an HTC WP8 device until I was told about various issues with the brand. Samsung? Never.

Various issues, I take it thats a few people who have posted on these forums. I know 3 people using the 8X and all of them have been working perfectly. No peeling, no reboots, battery life getting better by the day. Remember it's usually just the minority of posters who have problems that will write about it, the unseen majority who have no issues will remain unseen :)

jabtano

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
As of right now the Samsung ATIVs is not coming state side. It's up to you really high res screen super sleek device or a ugly low res screen with killer apps. for me it would have to be the 8x

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that the 810 has a low res screen and is the worst looking phone of 2012. I'll wait for the ATIV if I where you.

I think the Lumia 810 is the best looking Lumia ever made and WPCentral polls show that the Lumia 810 looks better than the Lumia 820 and it definitely looks better than the Lumia 822. I don't know what your problem is winterfang but you have some attitude issues you need to address. Honestly, I wonder if there is any phone you like, ever liked, or will ever like. I still don't know why the moderators keep you around. I would have given you the boot a long time ago. You are the most negative person I have ever seen on any forum and I belong to quite a few.

jlangner

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I think the Lumia 810 is the best looking Lumia ever made and WPCentral polls show that the Lumia 810 looks better than the Lumia 820 and it definitely looks better than the Lumia 822. I don't know what your problem is winterfang but you have some attitude issues you need to address. Honestly, I wonder if there is any phone you like, ever liked, or will ever like. I still don't know why the moderators keep you around. I would have given you the boot a long time ago. You are the most negative person I have ever seen on any forum and I belong to quite a few.

It is a fact that it has the worst screen resolution of the W8. As far as look, I like it, but Ill go 8x.

KLinCHI

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Is the screen on the 810 really bad, though? Sure it's not HD, but it's the same screen as the Lumia 900, and I thought reviewers and users generally liked the screen on the 900.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
The 810's screen isn't polarized like the 900's, but it's probably going to be a decent screen. "Good enough," to be sure, but you might feel bad if you compare it with a friend's 8X or 920 (sorta like the new good enough car I just bought). :D

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Is the screen on the 810 really bad, though? Sure it's not HD, but it's the same screen as the Lumia 900, and I thought reviewers and users generally liked the screen on the 900.

Sure but that was then, this is now - why go with last year's screen when buying a device you might use for a couple of years?

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
The 810's screen isn't polarized like the 900's, but it's probably going to be a decent screen. "Good enough," to be sure, but you might feel bad if you compare it with a friend's 8X or 920 (sorta like the new good enough car I just bought). :D

Nokia's spec page clearly shows polarization filter. I was at an AT&T store this morning comparing the 820 and the 920 and although the 920 did have higher resolution you really have to stare at it to notice the improvement. I was totally unimpressed with the screen on the 920. It did not look as impressive as the HTC One X. Side by side I found the 820 display more pleasing to look at overall. It had vibrant punchy colors and it is way brighter than the 920 at the same brightness. The 920 looked very dark even at the highest setting but don't take my word for it. Go to your local AT&T store and see for yourself. I want to remind you that I am a current AT&T customer, I am eligible for upgrade, and I can afford anything I want and I will not be getting the 920. I will be switching to T-Mobile to get the 810 and today's display comparison made my mind up for me. The display on the 820 was beautiful, vibrant, punchy, and bright with no noticable pixellation. I think it's my preference for AMOLED screens over LCD that made me enjoy the overall experience. Remember the 810/820 have RGB Stripe screens not PenTile so that is why I couldn't notice any pixellation. This morning the 820 looked almost HD to me. Go to AT&T and see for yourself. Don't purchase on specs purchase on experience.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I was totally unimpressed with the screen on the 920. It did not look as impressive as the HTC One X. Side by side I found the 820 display more pleasing to look at overall.

This is very interesting. I'm doing a comparo of the 920 and 8X, so I'll let you know what I think of the screen clarity on both.

aubreyq

Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Nokia's spec page clearly shows polarization filter. I was at an AT&T store this morning comparing the 820 and the 920 and although the 920 did have higher resolution you really have to stare at it to notice the improvement. I was totally unimpressed with the screen on the 920. It did not look as impressive as the HTC One X. Side by side I found the 820 display more pleasing to look at overall. It had vibrant punchy colors and it is way brighter than the 920 at the same brightness. The 920 looked very dark even at the highest setting but don't take my word for it. Go to your local AT&T store and see for yourself. I want to remind you that I am a current AT&T customer, I am eligible for upgrade, and I can afford anything I want and I will not be getting the 920. I will be switching to T-Mobile to get the 810 and today's display comparison made my mind up for me. The display on the 820 was beautiful, vibrant, punchy, and bright with no noticable pixellation. I think it's my preference for AMOLED screens over LCD that made me enjoy the overall experience. Remember the 810/820 have RGB Stripe screens not PenTile so that is why I couldn't notice any pixellation. This morning the 820 looked almost HD to me. Go to AT&T and see for yourself. Don't purchase on specs purchase on experience.
Thank you for this post. I'm in the same situation: on AT&T eligible for upgrade. I also want to compare the 920 and the 820. I'm attracted to the 820 because of its removable battery and expandable storage, and attracted to the 920 due to its camera (I can live without wireless charging). The 32GB on the 920 is cool but that comes down to 26GB usable storage or so. I also entertained the idea that if I went with the 820 then maybe I could switch to T-Mo to get the 810 if my family plan comes out cheaper.

My question to you: Why did you switch to T-Mobile?

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Various issues, I take it thats a few people who have posted on these forums. I know 3 people using the 8X and all of them have been working perfectly. No peeling, no reboots, battery life getting better by the day. Remember it's usually just the minority of posters who have problems that will write about it, the unseen majority who have no issues will remain unseen :)

Actually, I know others who aren't part of this forum who have had issues with their HTC phones. My decision to avoid HTC was based on that, but issues that have been coming out about the 8X definitely don't sway me. Plus, I have always had Nokia phones with the exception of my iPhone 4, and I'm fond of the brand. Never had issues with any of them. :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss