Snow Leopard users.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
So for the few of us that use OS X and are using older versions of OS X, the Windows Phone app found in the App Store requires 10.7.4 and above. I'm running Snow Leopard, and have to upgrade. >_>; I don't know why this version of Windows Phone isn't able to install on 10.6.8, so annoying, but just thought I'd let anyone know that is running Snow Leopard, that you need Lion and above to download the Windows Phone app from the App Store.

downhillrider

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I have 10.7.5 with no intention of upgrading so I guess I'm lucky. I have only tinkered with the connector but not really that impressed with it. maybe that'll change when I use it more.

Jaybotics

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
On the bright side, Mountain Lion is only $20.

My iMac is a late 2006 model, which technically doesn't support Lion. I think upgrading to Mountain Lion would be pushing it. I'm just disappointed that it doesn't work with Snow Leopard, when I know it's more than capable of running on Snow Leopard.

djaferis

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem, so there's two of us.
Doesn't anyone have the old 2.x version that could post a link? All WP Connector links lead to the 3.0 version in the Mac App Store. I'm a little annoyed.

jdgarcia8

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I have just discovered this and am equally frustrated with it. right now i'm still using my ip4 because I can't transfer my contacts because none of the uk phone shops have been prepared enough to have their equipment ready for lumia 920. the snow leopard exclusion is a joke and so short sighted, especially if they are trying to attract mac users

soultrane

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
Follow the link Bill Snyder posted. Just about everything on there works as he said. Essentially, you are just tricking your computer in to thinking that you are running a later version of OSX.

One caveat: once the app downloads, I was not able to change the "Info.plist" within the contents. Instead, go to the same Contents folder, then go into the "MacOS" folder, and double click the 'Windows Phone' icon. Terminal will open, and it will launch the application. I do not know if photos and such will sync, but I am currently updating my music onto the Lumia I got yesterday...success is sweet.

Ben Heifetz

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I followed the instructions, and Windows Phone 3.0.1 app now successfully launches on 10.6.8 for me. However, the app will not recognize my Lumia 900 at all. The phone can tell it is plugged in, but the WP app doesn't recognize anything connected. This is on a 2007 MacBook. Any help?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)