Running Processes?

CAPcadetJC

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Just got my Lumia 920 this morning and love it! It seems to be running very warm, is there a way to see what processes are running to shut some down? Also, on my iPhone, I could display the percentage next to the battery icon, any way to do that on WP8?

Thanks for any help!

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Just got my Lumia 920 this morning and love it! It seems to be running very warm, is there a way to see what processes are running to shut some down? Also, on my iPhone, I could display the percentage next to the battery icon, any way to do that on WP8?

Thanks for any help!

Haven't looked yet, but there's probably an app you can download that will display system and app processes.

Currently there is no way to show the percentage, but I did find a couple apps that have a live tile (one even has a lockscreen display) for showing battery percentage:

Battery Level for WP8 (shows on lockscreen as well)
Battery Tile

I think I saw a few more in the Store but haven't checked them.

manicottiK

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
...on my iPhone, I could display the percentage next to the battery icon, any way to do that on WP8?
As noted above, not in the status line. The apps already mentioned, as well as the Battery Saver app in Settings, will all show you the percentage of battery left.

The philosophy of Windows Phone is pretty much "stop worrying and let the system take care of things." That's why status bar icons disappear from view except when they have something exceptional to tell you (no signal, low battery, etc). That's why there's no task manager (because tasks don't need to be managed). That's why there's no quick-access WiFi on/off switch (just leave it on and let the system manage things).

It takes a while to get used to this way of not actively having to do things to make the phone work. That "while" is probably longer for the former Android users because they are typically used to doing a lot more and thus have to let go of a lot more administrative duties than iPhone do. (As a former Windows Mobile user, it was hard on me, too. But I have accepted not pulling my battery frequently and not flashing new ROMs every few weeks to get new features.)

CAPcadetJC

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys! I didnt really think of it how you are putting it haha. Seems weird to let the phone handle it self. Ill definitely look into those apps!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes