Won't coloured phones clash with certain tile colours?

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to get the black Nokia 920. One of the reasons is because I can see certain colours clashing with a coloured phone. For example, the Cyan 920 probably will only look good with blue/teal tiles; maybe that's just my opinion, but I don't like the look of a cyan lumia with any other colour tiles. Likewise with the red, or yellow lumias.

With the black 920, I can use different colours and the coloured tiles will pop off the screen and always look beautiful. For example I love using the green tiles, but I can totally see it not matching well with a yellow or red lumia; it would look like a mess. I guess the while or grey phones would be fine too.

Am I the only one who is worried about this?

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Do you really plan on using that many of the accent colors? If so then perhaps a bit, but primary colors work fine with most of the palette so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Up to you of course what you like.

kittshelby

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Do you really plan on using that many of the accent colors? If so then perhaps a bit, but primary colors work fine with most of the palette so it shouldn't be that big of a deal. Up to you of course what you like.

Yes, I switch every few months between red and green. Neither of which would (in my opinion) look good on a cyan phone. Red tiles will be fine with red lumia, but green won't; it will look like a christmas phone lol

wharfratg

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to get the black Nokia 920. One of the reasons is because I can see certain colours clashing with a coloured phone. For example, the Cyan 920 probably will only look good with blue/teal tiles; maybe that's just my opinion, but I don't like the look of a cyan lumia with any other colour tiles. Likewise with the red, or yellow lumias.

With the black 920, I can use different colours and the coloured tiles will pop off the screen and always look beautiful. For example I love using the green tiles, but I can totally see it not matching well with a yellow or red lumia; it would look like a mess. I guess the while or grey phones would be fine too.

Am I the only one who is worried about this?
Yes, that's why I got the black instead of the red. I was tempted, but I like the idea that I can change the tile colors about once a month over the life of the phone.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
Probably my favorite part of the black, is that it makes the tiles the complete center of attention because the rest of the phone disappears around it.

dalydose

Oct 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I switch every few months between red and green. Neither of which would (in my opinion) look good on a cyan phone. Red tiles will be fine with red lumia, but green won't; it will look like a christmas phone lol

Well, it is almost Christmas. :) I was worried about this too, but I'm still going to get the red.

larrynj

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't think they clash at all. Colored tiles with black background and than a yellow or red phone looks much better than black back ground and black phone.

Is it possible to change the black background to something other than white?

thejoyofsobe

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
i've seen pics of the Cyan phone with red, green and orange tiles. green certainly looked good. reminded me of Squirtle. and the orange was just lovely.

it would be nice though if Nokia provided a tool to preview phone and tile color combinations. i say that as someone on the fence between a red and a cyan phone since there is no gray in the USA

Getintothegame

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
i've seen pics of the Cyan phone with red, green and orange tiles. green certainly looked good. reminded me of Squirtle. and the orange was just lovely.

it would be nice though if Nokia provided a tool to preview phone and tile color combinations. i say that as someone on the fence between a red and a cyan phone since there is no gray in the USA

I like this idea. I might have a weekend project...

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I commented before that this is only a problem for those with actual fashion sense. As I have no real idea what clashes with what, I am off the hook!!

That being said, I guess that is why in the long run black and white phones always sell the best and are the industry standard. Nothing to worry about there- they just match. I imagine even the gray devices may not sit well with all color tiles. But it is great to be able to stand out if you want, and I really like the yellow and red 920's. At least on paper I do.

Go to a store, and try the different color tiles and see. Playing with the new phones is just fun, anyways!!

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Some might. One of the things that makes me want a yellow Lumia 920 is that in my eyes, none of the tile colors would clash with it. I also like the red, but I can't imagine using, say, magenta tiles with it.

VagrantWade

Aug 27, 2012
Visit site
My biggest problem if I would have stuck with Cyan, is that I want to make my tile colors reflect the sports team I am currently follow. Cyan would work for Baseball since I am a twins fan and I could do light with red. But The green and teal for my Celtics/Jaguars would look a bit odd.

But really, with the amount of black you have from the screen on the front, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
My biggest problem if I would have stuck with Cyan, is that I want to make my tile colors reflect the sports team I am currently follow. Cyan would work for Baseball since I am a twins fan and I could do light with red. But The green and teal for my Celtics/Jaguars would look a bit odd.

But really, with the amount of black you have from the screen on the front, it shouldn't be that big of a deal.
The Twins... The Celtics... and the Jags???

Geez, buddy.... Cover half continent with sports teams, why don't ya. No buying seaon tickets for you.

:D

BrownxGoblin

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

On AT&T website with the huge banner (the dude holding the phone).... there is a promo where you can customize your lumia 920 combination. Whoever submits the best combo wins something.

lordofthereef

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
For people worrying about colors I urge you to just get a neutral color and one of the ultra thin Nokia cases. You won't even know they are on... 😉

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99