Whatsapp Vibration & Facebook

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,

I got my Nokia Lumia 920 yesterday and I already love it. Just 2 random questions to those apps mentioned in the title:

1) Whatsapp

I got my vibration deactivated under settings for the whole lumia, but when I got volume on 0, I still get vibrations when someone writes me a message while I use whatsapp. Is there a possibility to deactivate this?

2) Facebook

The App is ****, seriously. No decent push notifications, nothing. I even use the possibility for fb chat in the WP Os instead of the facebook app. Always crashes and stuff. Is there some other app to use FB decently? with decently I don't mean any third party IM+ App or something, I really speak about Facebook itself, timeline and stuff like that.

Thanks for your help

Nils

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
1 - No, whatsapp devs have to choose not make vibration optional, they aren't bothered.
2 - No, Facebook official app is as good as it gets or you can use ME tile and People's Hub for basic notifications and updates.

litchblade#IM

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I stopped using the Facebook app and started to realize that the FB & Twitter integration in WP8 is awesome... You actually don't really need the app to use facebook, except for group chats.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

I stopped using the Facebook app and started to realize that the FB & Twitter integration in WP8 is awesome... You actually don't really need the app to use facebook, except for group chats.

except for group chats, viewing someone's profile, viewing the FULL NEWSFEED, editing your profile, searching for someone on facebook, deleting comments, liking comments. Yes, if you don't use about 80% of Facebook's features, the built in integration will do just fine.

Unfortunately though for a phone whose sole selling point is its SOCIAL features, the built in Facebook integration seems like a bad joke. It would have been forgivable if the app was decent, but here you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either choose the ****ty app, or the lacklustre integration. Heck even the m.facebook.com on IE looks crap since its designed for webkit based browsers. I wanna know WTH is Microsoft doing with its close relationship with Facebook?

And if you're on board the Twitter train then it's the same sad tale. Poor official app, lacklustre integration. The only half decent twitter apps are PAID and will likely be killed off soon since Twitter is on a crusade to kill all 3rd party apps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs