Switching from iPhone 4S. Need guidance

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Hello. I'm looking to purchase a Lumia 920 as soon as it's avialable BUT there is one thing I need to ensure before I make a purchase.

I live in Pakistan. Right now I can use my Pakistan based credit card to make purchases on the Apple App Store. I can do that on Google Play Store as well. Can I do that on Windows Phone 8 as well? Can someone tell me where I can see a list of countries that can make purchases using local credit cards?

And IF Pakistan isn't supported (so much for the 180 or so launch countries for WP8) then what are my choices?
I need to be able to make purchases. Free apps on Windows Phone Store are simply not good enough.

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Major credit cards were always supported, but not if it had a Pakistan based billing address. I just want to make sure if that is still the case or not. In the 180 countries list Pakistan is listed. But Microsoft only says these countries can DOWNLOAD apps, they don't specify if they can purchase them or not.

There's no Paypal in Pakistan.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is a subject only someone in your area could answer. My suggestion is to go to Microsoft's website and go to an online chat. I have found that is the best way to get generally answers like yours. You can also just send an email, but to be sure you get your exact answer an online chat would be best.

If you find out, please share with us. I am curious now....

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
OK I was able to get hold of someone on online chat. Whoever it was wasn't totally up to date on this matter. Initially she said Pakistan isn't supported as a marketplace region. I then had to point her towards Microsoft's own list of 180 countries. After a while she pointed me to this webpage (can't believe I missed this page)
Feature and service availability | Windows Phone How-to (United States)

according to this page Pakistan is supported in app purchases. I really hope this information is correct.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99