How to sync music onto Windows Phone 8?

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Since Microsoft ditched the Zune name, but still has it's technology, why don't they update Windows Media Player to be Zunes successor? I would have absolutely no problem with using Windows Media Player to sort my music, add album/artist pictures and sync my Windows Phone with it. But right now, Zune does that job a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player. Just merge the two already!

cddigi

May 3, 2012
Visit site

So every time you update the playlist on your computer and want to re-sync it to your phone, you have to make sure to check everything you want on it. I just went to add another album and it started deleting everything off my phone. It's a preview, so I'll wait until the final version before I complain. Just make sure you remember to check each box of each playlist, album, artist, or song you want on your phone every time you want to add or remove music.

Juliguli

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Since Microsoft ditched the Zune name, but still has it's technology, why don't they update Windows Media Player to be Zunes successor? I would have absolutely no problem with using Windows Media Player to sort my music, add album/artist pictures and sync my Windows Phone with it. But right now, Zune does that job a heck of a lot better than Windows Media Player. Just merge the two already!

I totally agree!!

AngryNil

Mar 3, 2012
Visit site
The last thing Microsoft needs is more media software fragmentation going forwards. I like the Zune software far more than WMP but nothing related to Zune (services, devices) ever took off, I believe partly because of such a weird, fragmented message. On Microsoft's own operating system, you have to go download weird software you've never heard of before - not the well-known WMP - in order to sync a Microsoft device?

I don't really see why the Xbox media services need to be broken into separate apps. If anything, they should be united into one app and that should be the successor to Zune. Makes sense going forwards.

Jmh89

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
So far, the new Windows Phone sync has worked the best for me.... (which doesn't say much) When I use WMP, the phone is terribly laggy at loading music (from sd card) When I use this new sync tool, the phone doesn't lag, but if I simply want to add one album, it HAS to replace Everything!!! Which, in my case, with 20 gbs of music, isn't no quick task!!! I seriously would rather use an updated Zune to sync music and to categorize videos. (that's another feature that I can't figure out why they would remove....)

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand the need for sync, I just get what I want from Xbox Music wirelessly. They really need to get distribution rights for videos to work though.

chaseerry

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
MediaMonkey.

I am extremely disappointed in Microsoft's attempt at the WP apps, personally. They give you absolutely no control over metadata which drives me nuts.

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
WMP can't sync album art and album titles correctly. I've tried multiple times, but I'm OCD about my music. If it doesn't look right, I'm not putting it on my phone.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05