Iphone user looking to make the jump...a few questions

Havik110

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
hey all I have had a 3gs for 3 years and was not impressed by the 5. I really have no love for android (a little to boring for me) and so I have been looking at windows phone 8 and love the tiles...anyways I have a few questions I would like answered...

1. moving music over isnt so important as I could just use my 3gs as an ipod but the 920 has 32 gigs of storage so can I move music from my PC (in the itunes folder) directly over to the 920? I saw some people complaining about the music app and xbox music app over playlists but meh, im not worried about play lists.

2. how do custom ring tones work? will the 920 use mprs? can i move them ovev with explorer?

3. Security...can websites install self extracting MSIs or tracking cookies on the phone? Is it as secure as IOS (the only way a program gets on your phone is if you download it from the app store?) I have seen the security feature that tells you not to go to a page but does that mean that you can install crap from a normal webpage...

Is there anything really cool any of you can think of that makes this phone stand out more?

If I can think of more I will add them.

I wish the 920 could take pictures while taking video but thats not as important...

Thanks all...

iPwnza

Banned
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
1 - Yes, music can be moved from iTunes/File system.

2 - Just download a ringtone app from the windows store.

3 - No! Windows phone is secure, like any mobile device.

umtwademel

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can also bring custom ringtones over as MP3's, but they need to be less than 40 seconds, and less than 1 mb. there are guides online

Havik110

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
1 - Yes, music can be moved from iTunes/File system.

2 - Just download a ringtone app from the windows store.

3 - No! Windows phone is secure, like any mobile device.

thanks

2. ring tone app turns music I have into ringtones? do you know a good one?

jonesyvoor

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Do it. I had the iPhone for 3 years and just got a Lumia 920. This phone is much nicer and way smoother.

I can't count the number of things that are better but a few are (much better keyboard, voice input, live tiles, customization, even the audible alerts are much more pleasant.)

TenTwelve

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
thanks

2. ring tone app turns music I have into ringtones? do you know a good one?

Get this program...

iDevice Manager - CNET Download.com

It allows you to access the root file system on your iPhone and then you can literally drag the ring tones off your iPhone onto your desktop and then into your WP8 ringtones folder. It'll convert the format automatically.

For some odd reason you cannot drag directly from your iPhone folder to your WP8 folder though. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon