Tmo WP8 releases

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Last I heard/read was Tmo will release the 8X and 810 on the 14th. I don't know if ATT and Verizon's releases have overshadowed anything. Is Tmo stil releasing on the 14th? I don't see any rumors, ads, nothing, not even something from BestBuy(if they will have any)

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
T-Mobile is releasing on the 14th. Most stores are receiving saleable inventory of the 8X and 810 on Tuesday, and training has been completed.

TheNerdlyKnight

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I guess since I'm not with Tmo yet(leaving Sprint) I'm not exactly understanding this classic/value plan deal

Sit back and get ready cause this will take a bit. Lets start with Classic plans since those are the easiest. Classic Plans are just like any regular plan you get at another service provider. With T-Mobile Unlimited talk, text, and 2gb of web (before throttling) is $79.99. Your phone is subsidized, is; $199.99 after $50 rebate.

On a Value plan that same plan is $59.99 a month but when you purchase a phone its a t full cost, broken into 20 installments on your bill with an upfront payment in store.

So lets take the 8X for example. On a Value Plan you'd pay $59.99 + $20 EIP (phone installment), so that's $79.99/month. Same as the Classic plan right? Temporarily yes with this phone. After 20 months your bill goes down to $59.99 Some phones even have lower installments which means they end up being cheaper up front than Classic plans too.

So while it may seem like your paying more on a value plan thanks to the rate plan savings your are not and in most cases you save money. Any questions?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Sit back and get ready cause this will take a bit. Lets start with Classic plans since those are the easiest. Classic Plans are just like any regular plan you get at another service provider. With T-Mobile Unlimited talk, text, and 2gb of web (before throttling) is $79.99. Your phone is subsidized, is; $199.99 after $50 rebate.

On a Value plan that same plan is $59.99 a month but when you purchase a phone its a t full cost, broken into 20 installments on your bill with an upfront payment in store.

So lets take the 8X for example. On a Value Plan you'd pay $59.99 + $20 EIP (phone installment), so that's $79.99/month. Same as the Classic plan right? Temporarily yes with this phone. After 20 months your bill goes down to $59.99 Some phones even have lower installments which means they end up being cheaper up front than Classic plans too.

So while it may seem like your paying more on a value plan thanks to the rate plan savings your are not and in most cases you save money. Any questions?

Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express
thanks that cleared up alot. I was confused, honestly think its ridiculous the 8X cost $249(I dont count mail in rebates). Guess I'll wait till Bestbuy has it. So the Value plan sounds like what happens in Europe, interesting

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
If you want the best deal, get a WP on the Value Plan with unlimited unthrottled data. You pay more up-front for the device, but you also get unlimited everything (calls, texts, MMS, data) for $70/month.

People often focus on the up-front handset costs, but ignore the delta in the cost of T-Mobile service versus the Big Two. The Big Two can give you a "cheaper" phone up-front, but you pay for it with higher monthly bills and a high Early Termination Fee.

tigermcm

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
If you want the best deal, get a WP on the Value Plan with unlimited unthrottled data. You pay more up-front for the device, but you also get unlimited everything (calls, texts, MMS, data) for $70/month.

People often focus on the up-front handset costs, but ignore the delta in the cost of T-Mobile service versus the Big Two. The Big Two can give you a "cheaper" phone up-front, but you pay for it with higher monthly bills and a high Early Termination Fee.
is that $70 for the plan alone than add the $20 a month for the phone? I wish Tmo would have released on Friday. I want a WP8 bad but I dont want the first batch.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
is that $70 for the plan alone than add the $20 a month for the phone? I wish Tmo would have released on Friday. I want a WP8 bad but I dont want the first batch.

Yes, or just buy the phone outright up front. The $20/month is essentially a principal payment on an interest-free loan for the remaining cost of the phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720