Does Windows Phone 8 support USB OTG?

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Does WP8 support USB OTG? I do not have a WP8 phone yet (the phones are not out yet in my country), but I am wondering if I can connect a SD card reader to a WP8 phone and transfer documents and photos.

Thanks!

anon(5340153)

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
That will be fine if I want to transfer my files between my computer and my upcoming WP8 phone. But what I want is to transfer the photos from my camera to my phone for uploading when I am outside, away from any computer. Currently I am doing this with an Android tablet and a OTG USB card reader/adapter. I am hoping I can do this with WP8 too.

Iain Crossley

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Just a suggestion upload Pictures to android device and then to your MS Skydrive with app on android. they would then be available to your WP8 Phone anytime, Also your Xbox if you have one

JezzaDB

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
You can use up your monthly data allowance very quickly moving things to and from Skydrive.

Considering you can't use memory cards with the Lumia 920, I reckon USB-OTG would be a good feature to have. I think I would probably use it to watch video files from a flash drive. Also, I have Office on the phone but not on my new PC, and it would be nice if I could use my USB keyboard when updating a Word document etc.

I wonder if the hardware would support this feature and whether it could be added via a software update. It doubt it will happen, though, even if it can be done.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077