Windows Phone 8 Missing Tv-Out disappoointment

PJ2912

Jun 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried my lumia 520 on 3.5 mm to av cable (connected to TV)...... audio came clear but video did not come!!!

Has anyone come up with a way to connect lumia 520 to tv!!!

Before this I had nokia 6500 slide and it connected well to TV using 2.5mm to av connector!!!

Andre o Botelho

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
TV-out is a hardware option that came with high end Symbian phones, nokia must integrate the hardware and the OS must have the software. Even if the current Lumias have the hardware integrated, currently WP8 does not support it(FM Radio is a example). So we have to wait the nex update from MS to get it working or wait the next version of WP9 + Lumia 930 to get tv out(if it is planned), nokia has the hardware, the problem is on software.

Brandon Ramirez

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
What i like about nokias is that they have tv out so i dont need to buy an extra dvd player. i use the tv-out very often to watch movies, conferences, documentals, manuals, books, etc, etc so a phone with no tv out is useless for me.

Brandon Ramirez

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
for me If a smartphone does not have tv out then it is useless. i do not buy it. that is why I love nokia phones with tv out and most android phone does`t. the tv out helps you to use the phone as a dvd player (I never used my dvd player after i bought a nokia with tv out), you can also use it to see pictures and don`t be limited to a small screen, i use it to read some books, i also use it for games , et, etc The tv out is the best on a phone.

Brandon Ramirez

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
for me If a smartphone does not have tv out then it is useless. i do not buy it. that is why I love nokia phones with tv out and most android phone does`t. the tv out helps you to use the phone as a dvd player (I never used my dvd player after i bought a nokia with tv out), you can also use it to see pictures and don`t be limited to a small screen, i use it to read some books, i also use it for games , et, etc The tv out is the best on a phone.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
PlayTo, Smart Player, Cplayer. There's a lot of TV-out on Windows Phone 8.1.

But if you are in last century, using a last century TV, probably you need a last century "stupidphone" too, not a smartphone....

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
PlayTo, Smart Player, Cplayer. There's a lot of TV-out on Windows Phone 8.1.

But if you are in last century, using a last century TV, probably you need a last century "stupidphone" too, not a smartphone....

DLNA streaming is not the same as what is being asked here (which is an ancient thread). some people want to output everything from their phone to their tv (or whatever else), no just media to an available UPNP player.

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
Miracast is the solution to that, but only on the latest WPs I'm afraid. The good news is that the 930 with Denim now works with the Roku Streaming Stick (HDMI) with firmware 6.1. I expect other newer Lumias and the Roku 3 will now work too. So, no need to get another dongle if you have a Roku about.

Of course, you can project to a PC screen with a usb cable, as an alternative.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
DLNA streaming is not the same as what is being asked here (which is an ancient thread). some people want to output everything from their phone to their tv (or whatever else), no just media to an available UPNP player.

New Lumia devices have these capabilities, don't? Lumia 930 have it, for sure.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs