wav files

rockycpa

May 14, 2012
Visit site
My only really big issue I have with my Lumia 920 is that wav files, which are embedded from my voicemail into my email won't play. I don't have any other options on formats.

Any idea?

My Samsung Focus S seemed to play them with no problem.

mhunter6378

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I am having the same problem. All my voicemails at work are sent to my email and I get them as a wav file. All my previous smartphones were able to play them (iPhone, lumia 900 & galaxy s3) but I cannot play them on the lumia 920 it says "sorry we can't play this file on your phone". Also it also does not find my global address book for exchange when I try to forward an email. Very frustrating...

I hope someone comes up with an answer at least for the wav file issue. Need those voicemails!

cflumia920

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
found fix for playing wav files from my voicemail system

I had the same problem. Would expect this from apple, not Microsoft. Anyway I came across phoneconvert.com. I have a rule that forwards the email to my account there, then it is sent back as mp3. Is very fast. Works for me until Microsoft gets their act together.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
This is a common thing actually. The same thing happens on Android phones. They used to play those kind of wav files but at 2.0 or 2.1 or some version they stopped supporting the codec that most phone systems use for voicemails.

I have over 400+ Android phones that I support and all those users have to download a 3rd party app to play those wav files. (We recommend Remote WAV) I don't know if those codecs are licensed by Cisco or somebody and nobody wants to pay a license fee to use them or what.. it sucks.

The formats at issue are GSM6.1, and I think some ULAW and ALAW formats. (I don't know much about that stuff). Most phone systems will let you modify the type of codec used, I'm going to start exploring that with our phone guys.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos