"Me" Tile crisp to pixelated

JoeDizzle33

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Try clicking on the picture then select to update only Facebook. Don't select your hotmail account. I did that and I haven't had a problem since then.

xWisp

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It's the most recent photo on whatever network you have be it your live mail or google or facebook. the only one that is clear at all that I have found is facebook so, change your profile picture on facebook and hit sync and it should change back. (thats what I did anyway after accidentally changing my live mail picture and it worked great)

Dante X

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes, definetly something related with Live Profile Picture. When I deleted the pic and sync my accounts I get my Hi-Res picture back.

nutnithin

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Its because you are posting it to live too...it becomes heavily pixelated through live..so best thing you could do is post to live first and then Facebook...make sure to post your Facebook profile pic at the end and it will be fine...

Arunabh

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
thanks JoeDizzle33... Just posting the sequence of operation for others:
click on me tile
click on photo(it opens up update ur profile page) here, select sync FB account only
click on photo again(it will open up ur photo albums.)
Pick a photo and click on post.. it immediately changed my pic :D

Rene Hansen

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
God this issue annoys the hell out of me.

Changed Profile picture on Facebook (From a PC), it didn't sync to the phone, so naturally I just tried updating it From my phone.

It worked for 2 minutes, then it reverted to my old picture.
I tried syncing with my MS account, then it gave me a pixelated version.
I tried updating again, to both Facebook and MS - worked for 2 minutes, then pixel-hell
I tried deleting the picture on Live.com - 2 minutes later, the picture on my phone then reverted to the old picture (which i can't find as a profile picture on any of my synced accounts.

This has been going on for a year? >_<

Rene Hansen

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
My workarround:
Disable sync between Live.com and facebook.
Update picture from phone to live
Update picture from phone to facebook

The phone will show the lastly updated picture, and since facebook wont sync to live, the phone will use the picture from facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire