Facebook Integration

rookie2006

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello,

just a newbie question to the facebook integration.

How deep is this integration? For example: I have my contacts. When I add my facebook account to wp8, will it search my account and connect my contacts with same facebook contact?

Are the facebook dates also in my calender?

I don't hope, because I want to disconnect facebook from other informations on my phone

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The contact integration is one of the cool parts of the phone and allows you to have consolidated information for each contact from many sources. For many of us, this is a good thing.

To answer your question, it is possible to filter your contact list so that it only contains entries for any of your sources (only sim contacts if that's what you want). Doing this, you're still able to have your Facebook/twitter/whatever feeds.

You're also able to set up contact groups for those contacts you want easy access to (close friends and family for example), this means you don't have to search all of your Facebook contacts to find your BFF.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I will also add that wherever you have 'similar' contacts WP8 makes it incredibly easy to link those separate accounts together to form one contact card in your phone.

For example:

A friend you had a number for, who also has facebook, twitter, and linkedin. At first there is a chance that each of those will show up in your contacts list. All you have to do is select one of them, and the 'chain link' pic at the bottom of that contact card. It'll then show you the similar accounts that you are 'friends' with. Click the ones you want to link and 'voila' all of your friends info is under one roof now.

I WISH that my wife's phone had this option (GSII Skyrocket) or at least a much easier way of doing it. It was a nightmare setting all that up for her.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss