Podcasts through XBOX Music broken?

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
So all of a sudden I've noticed podcasts just straight up stopped working. I have some subscriptions that I set up when I got the 920 on Saturday, but since that initial setup, nothing is working:

1. Subscriptions do not download new episodes automatically
2. I cannot manually download any podcast episodes (from subscriptions or otherwise)
3. I cannot subscribe to new podcasts

This is really a huge deal for me. I don't listen to music, podcasts are my primary audio entertainment...particularly given my 1.5 hr commute every day. Not only that, but the selection of 3rd party podcatchers in the Marketplace is anemic, and the ones that are there are terrible (I've tried them all).

Anyone else having this issue? I've tried rebooting and I'm trying to avoid a factory reset if possible.

Edit: I've posted a YouTube video showing the problem too: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsaAhRXvwn4

Last edited:

mtmjr90

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
All I can say is, at least you're able to subscribe. Outside the US we don't seem to be able to do anything with podcasts at all.

Normally, yes. Right now, on the fritz. Tbh tho, even when "subscribe" is working, it's still pretty laggy at retrieving new episodes...usually had to go grab them manually anyway on WP7=/

Matt Sharpe

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Normally, yes. Right now, on the fritz. Tbh tho, even when "subscribe" is working, it's still pretty laggy at retrieving new episodes...usually had to go grab them manually anyway on WP7=/
Perhaps you could help me? As I posted in another thread::

Can someone with working podcast subscriptions take a look in Phone/Music/PodcastSeries and let us know what's in there? If you have any files in there greater than zero bytes, could you copy one to your desktop, open it in notepad, and paste the contents in here?

You'll have to show hidden files & folders in order for that directory to appear.

Cheers!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel