complaints about WP OS8

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I can't seem to use the native mac app to sync playcounts with iTunes on my mac, does anybody have a solution for that?

On the phone itself, the music player is terrible, there is no tracking functionality, there is no search bar for me to quickly get to a particular song, the album art is too small, half of my artists don't have backgrounds displayed, and there's no dedicated music application to make getting to music easier. Also, nokia maps plain and simply sucks.

And my biggest gripe, the only PDF viewer available for the entire phone to have access to is really finicky and has no back button. Like if I go from browser to pdf, I go straight to the application, but if I want to view one of my other PDFs (I do this a lot when I'm scanning through different resources) I have to quit the application and relaunch it. That is incredibly frustrating. Also, it's font rendering technology seems to have been optimized for WP 7 resolutions. In fact, most 3rd party apps look terrible because they were optimized for WP7.

On top of all of that, the OS feels really locked down and definitely a lot less personalizable than even iOS 6.

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
Other than Adobe releasing their reader app for WP8 (it is available for WP7), honestly the rest of the things you mention are unlikely to change.

Changing phones takes some adjustment, and the way Windows Phone does things just isn't the same as iOS.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is more personalizable in iOS6 vs WP8? I use both, and think the exact opposite.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Other than Adobe releasing their reader app for WP8 (it is available for WP7), honestly the rest of the things you mention are unlikely to change.

Changing phones takes some adjustment, and the way Windows Phone does things just isn't the same as iOS.

Out of curiosity, what do you think is more personalizable in iOS6 vs WP8? I use both, and think the exact opposite.

In terms of customizing how the home screen looks i.e. wallpaper, what kind of notifications you want like if you want all of your notifications on your lock screen to be detailed instead of just one as in WP, having the calendar only display things in month view, having the music app go to albums every single time, and even adjusting the brightness can't be changed on WP.

eric12341

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
I can't seem to use the native mac app to sync playcounts with iTunes on my mac, does anybody have a solution for that?

On the phone itself, the music player is terrible, there is no tracking functionality, there is no search bar for me to quickly get to a particular song, the album art is too small, half of my artists don't have backgrounds displayed, and there's no dedicated music application to make getting to music easier. Also, nokia maps plain and simply sucks.

And my biggest gripe, the only PDF viewer available for the entire phone to have access to is really finicky and has no back button. Like if I go from browser to pdf, I go straight to the application, but if I want to view one of my other PDFs (I do this a lot when I'm scanning through different resources) I have to quit the application and relaunch it. That is incredibly frustrating. Also, it's font rendering technology seems to have been optimized for WP 7 resolutions. In fact, most 3rd party apps look terrible because they were optimized for WP7.

On top of all of that, the OS feels really locked down and definitely a lot less personalizable than even iOS 6.

Play counts sync with Xbox music rather than iTunes. There's a jumplist to go from song to song rather than searching but market search can also display local songs as well. I find the WP music player to be worlds ahead of the one in iOS because you still cannot stream songs directly from the store without having to buy the song ( only a 30-60 second preview). As for the apps they will be updated to support the new resolutions soon, the new OS was just released you know? Also I believe the iOS apps are letterboxed if they aren't optimized for the new screen size, so similar effect. There's 2 PDF readers for WP, there's the Microsoft one and an adobe one. The brightness can be changed in WP and the live tiles provide more information than static icons.

jaqueh

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Play counts sync with Xbox music rather than iTunes. There's a jumplist to go from song to song rather than searching but market search can also display local songs as well. I find the WP music player to be worlds ahead of the one in iOS because you still cannot stream songs directly from the store without having to buy the song ( only a 30-60 second preview). As for the apps they will be updated to support the new resolutions soon, the new OS was just released you know? Also I believe the iOS apps are letterboxed if they aren't optimized for the new screen size, so similar effect. There's 2 PDF readers for WP, there's the Microsoft one and an adobe one. The brightness can be changed in WP and the live tiles provide more information than static icons.

I can't see adobe's PDF app, all I found was adobe blog reader. Also, I have enough music on my phone that streaming is less important to me than the interface itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss