Xbox Music Doesn't Sync Songs from WP8

Ben Lehtovaara

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

My wife and I just got Lumia 920's yesterday but I'm confused as to why Xbox music won't update my music library with albums I've downloaded on my Lumia device? I thought downloading an album or saving a streaming playlist on WP8 would cause my Xbox music on W8 to download the album or add a playlist.

It seems to work backwards that if I download an album on Xbox Music on W8 it gets automatically added to my library on WP8. However, does it download or is it just streaming this album? Still a bit confused about that.

Anyone figured out what's going on?

sanfransoxfan04

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you check the settings>Preferences in Music on Windows 8?

I would think turning this option ON would help:

"when I add songs to My Music on Other Devices, Download them here too"

Corry Diehl

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
Confirming that cloud sync doesn't work between my Surface and my Lumia 822, in either direction. Is it documented that this is expectedly inconsistent and that we are waiting for MS to release a fix?

conanheath

Sep 10, 2012
Visit site
I've had same problem as OP. And best I can tell, it doesn't download to other devices. If it updates properly, it streams music to additional devices. At least that is what I have experienced between RT and 920. I think promises were made, but delivery has yet to happen. This may be why there is not a lot of info for how Xbox music works, it isn't working like they want it to. I'm sure updates will resolve. We just have to be patient.

Narr

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I've never had Cloudsync working and my library on all of my devices; although the sync option is one that I was looking forward to it is also the feature with the worse explaination as to how it should or does work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans