Remembering volume settings from handset, headphones & bluetooth?

Brian McBride

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way to get the WP8 phone to remember volume settings based on how I am listening.

For instance, when I connect a headset, I typically turn the volume down quite a ways. However, when I attach my bluetooth, I turn the volume back up almost all the way - if not al the way. And then when I unplug everything, I want my phone to be at around 20/30 or 25/30 volume so I can hear the ring from a distance.

I am getting annoyed at constantly having to adjust my volume. Is there some setting somewhere that remembers the volume based on the output? The iPhone does this great. It remembers volume settings for the various output options.

Also, to be honest, I think I prefer the ringer and alarm volumes to be on their own separate setting too. I've turned down my phone while watching a video only to forget and then miss a call because my volume was 10/30 or something and I couldn't hear the ring from the next room.

Donald Burr

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I agree completely, these sound outputs have no relation to each other so why do they have a single volume setting. Each separate sound output should have its own sound profile: ringer/alarms/speaker, headphones, Bluetooth (by Bluetooth device).

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
It already does part of this. I don't know about wired headset because I don't use one, but for BT it does. Set your volume to 20. Link to BT. Set volume to 30. Disconnect BT. Look at volume - it's at 20. Connect to the BT again - it'll be at 30. I do not know if it remembers each BT device separately, but I know that when I get into my car and link up, it goes to 30 (I control volume with the steering wheel buttons then). When I disconnect, it goes back down to 20.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs