Facebook for WP8 question (Lumia 920 owner)

aewatsonsr77

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Quick question, is it possible to repost pictures or save them to your phone in the Facebook app? I'm speaking of pics that your FB friends post. My wife is a big FB user and she's new to the WP platform. She finds the inability to do this simple task unacceptable when it can be easily done on Android or IOS. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

fierywater

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
It looks like you can from the People app but not from the Facebook app. From the People app, I can click the post with the photo, long press on said photo, and click "save to phone" to save pictures. It's unfortunate that the Facebook app doesn't appear to have a share or save picture function, though.

aewatsonsr77

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
It looks like you can from the People app but not from the Facebook app. From the People app, I can click the post with the photo, long press on said photo, and click "save to phone" to save pictures. It's unfortunate that the Facebook app doesn't appear to have a share or save picture function, though.

dkp23

Feb 3, 2012
Visit site
I believe you can, i just did it. One of my fb friends posted a picture, i am using the facebook beta app which should work similar to the regular app.

Click on the picture that is posted, it shoudl take you to the full screen version of the pic and then press and hold finger on screen and it should prompt to save.

i believe this is what you are asking. i use a 1020 with gdr3, but OS versions dont matter since this is app related.

9k=

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon