Find My Phone Not Working WP8

ianicbass

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

Just got L920 and Find My Phone is not working. Keep getting "We're sorry, but we can't locate your phone right now. But we'll keep trying..." message on the windows phone site.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

scolab

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Same problem here with my new 822 on Verizon. WindowsPhone.com still shows my old Trophy associated with my account, not my new 822. And subsequently, I can't reinstall any of my old, paid apps! I'm still looking for a resolution, but I would think this transition should just work.

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I just went to WindowsPhone.com to try the Find My Phone feature and it is working for 8X. It's location was shown correctly and I tried making it ring and it worked as well.

Perhaps it takes some time on their system to properly register your phone. I remember I changed my phone name with the Win8 app the first time I connected it on my computer and it didn't showed that name right away. After a couple of hours, it was changed there.

ianicbass

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here with my new 822 on Verizon. WindowsPhone.com still shows my old Trophy associated with my account, not my new 822. And subsequently, I can't reinstall any of my old, paid apps! I'm still looking for a resolution, but I would think this transition should just work.

I was able to resolve this issue. What I did was I first "reset to factory" then when going through the steps, make sure select/check the "Send mircosoft my location when phone gets activated..." something like that option. Then go to the windowsphone.com and it should work.

Let me know how it went for you.

Lee B

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
There may be a lag after you first set up the phone. Find the phone didn't work for me first time I tried it Friday, but it zeroes right in now.

Sean Perera

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I got lumia 820, find my phone doesn't work. My region is not in the list when i have to update my phone number. I tried selecting the closest region but yet doesn't work. Please help.

icequake1

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020 and a 1520 sitting side by side and the phone location works for the 1520 but the 1020 cannot be found. The 1020 has been reset and it still cannot be found. All location settings are active. Any suggestions?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro