What's your favorite connectivity shortcut app and why?

ajua

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm asking because I have yet to install one on my 8X and I would like some input because it may be a great one I don't know yet.

With my Optimus 7 I used Connectivity Shortcuts but it didn't support Bluetooth toggling. Is there any on the store now that supports it? I only use Bluetooth and WiFi toggles everyday.

Thanks!

irvin792

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Last time I used it the Bluetooth tile didn't show its state (on/off). Has this been worked out?

Have you tried Connectiviry Shortcuts? If so, which one you liked the most?

lemme check that out for ya

The Bluetooth tile will flip an state its status in toggle but only if the tile is medium sized.

I like toggles way of showing off/on status in the small tiles for wifi/cellular connections.

Of course you have to back out of the app for the status to update

Connectivity Shortcuts didn't have a notification of on or off and the smallest tiles, that is a deal breaker for me.

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Is there a connectivity app that has been (or will be) updated to include the new tap+send setting?

Last edited:

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
Is there a connectivity app that just turns the setting on instead of you being taken to the page to turn it on yourself or is this not possible in WP?

Edit: it's not possible yet.

Last edited:

grininja

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a wifi connectivity shortcut app that display the name of the wifi network which is connected to. I installed ten so far. None of them shows the id/name.

chezm

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Looking for a wifi connectivity shortcut app that display the name of the wifi network which is connected to. I installed ten so far. None of them shows the id/name.

Ive never come across one that displays the SSID, but thats a great idea and should be implemented.

Junaid96

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Is there a connectivity app that just turns the setting on instead of you being taken to the page to turn it on yourself or is this not possible in WP?

Edit: it's not possible yet.

I really wish this was possible. WP really needs a quick settings panel built into the OS instead of making us download these apps with limited functionality.

OP: I'm using an app called 'Shortcuts'. I think I found it in the Nokia Collection. It's simple and gets the job done (or at least as best as it possibly can on WP) so it's good enough for me.

o0Nighthawk0o

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use Quick Settings. It will Do WiFi, Cellular Data, Bluetooth, Airplane Mode, Location. Also has a flashlight, Battery Monitor and a close the music option.

One thing to keep in mind is that with any of these type apps, the live tile will only show the state of the service if you use the back arrow to return to the Start screen. If you use the Home button the live tile will not immediately show the state. I also found that with any service toggle you have to wait for the service to fully turn on or off before returning to the start screen for the live tile to be accurate.

nsa74

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I had Connectivity Shortcuts, Network Dashboard and others, than I realised I don't need different apps for this since Insider gives me what I need. Battery meter, Wifi, Cellular, Location, Bluetooth and Airplane mode.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
+1 for Insider. The latest update made the tile icons more presentable and a bit smaller. The app also has a nice and detailed battery status information hub as well as bing image downloads for the past few days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos