Contact sync dilemma

Etzl

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Ok this isn't a problem as such i'm just trying to find an elegant workaround.

I have 3 email addresses @isp @gmail and @mydomain. @mydomain is just a catch all redirect service to @isp but it is the account that I used for Xbox live and my WP8 main account. My gmail account is now pretty much unused as all my mail goes to @domain.

The issue I have is where to store my contacts, @gmail syncs perfectly but i'm trying not to use it as it's pretty much obsolete to me. @isp is using google api but doesn't support contact sync. This leaves me with my Live account but not only does that not have a valid email address (it's random numbers @hotmail.com) it also has my Messenger contacts which I don't want to mix with my telephone contacts. I really want to keep @mydomain as my live login as i've been using that for years, is there any other option to get round this?

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Well your messenger contacts are your actual contacts too. They are one in the same. The best thing to do is make a new windows / live account and then change your current windows / live account (the @mydomain account) email to the new windows live account. Then transfer the phone contacts to that new account. Make that your xbox / wp8 account.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss