What apps eat your battery and heat up your phone?

bryan_05

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I used a ton of apps this weekend for the first time (Nokia Drive, Nokia Music, Fruit Ninja, Baconit, Nextgen Reader, Skype, and a few others), but the WORST for my battery and heat of the phone was Minesweeper. I've never seen anything like it. Within minutes of starting it up the phone was noticeably warm and the battery was draining quickly. Other than that a great weekend with my Lumia 920. The camera accessibility & quality is fantastic!!!

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Streaming video from my HTPC ate up the most battery. I think the way it was going through it I could only watch about four hours.

Odog4ever

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Skype cooked my phone! Initiated a video call and the phone heated up really bad and drained the batter usually quick.

Had a few disconnects but whatever it is still Skype after all and its a beta app. But then my phone just reset on its own. Never had that happen in daily usage or using any other app. I've been able to recreated the overheating/crashing issue when using Skype video so it wan't a fluke either. I REALLY hope there is a software/bug fix because I don't wan't to send my phone back.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Smart glass. Use it to surf IE on your Xbox. My battery goes down extremely fast and the phone gets uncomfortably hot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss