Connect to specific bluetooth profiles?

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I have a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth receiver in my car (hooked up to the AUX in on my stereo). The latter is just for listening to music/turn-by-turn type stuff. Annoyingly, they both support the Voice and Music profiles when really, the bluetooth headset should just deal with Voice and the receiver should just deal with Music.

On my previous device (Android), I was able to configure the each device in the bluetooth menu. I'd hold down on the device I wanted to edit and an options menu would pop up asking which profiles to support. I was able to uncheck the ones I didn't want. There doesn't look to be any way to do this in WP8 :-/ Am I missing something?

My backup plan would be to find a device for my car that does everything I need. It would need Line In from my Sirius/XM, Line out to the AUX, have Bluetooth Voice & Music, and a microphone input. Anyone know this exists?

nrk112

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Does your car receiver allow you to enable or disable voice?

I have a JVC unit that does everything you want but the mic for voice isn't that great.

scottt732

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No :-/ I have my SiriusXM receiver and Bluetooth receiver (1) connected into an AB switch (2), then out to a ground loop isolator, and into the AUX in port on my Honda Civic. This was the best I could come up with using a passive switch (rather than an active mixer or something like that).

1) Amazon.com: Britelink Bluetooth Audio Receiver: Portable, Bluetooth Music Receiver with Stereo Output (3.5 mm) for Home and Auto Stereo Systems: Electronics
2) SPEAKER SWITCH - Share 2 Computers with One Speaker Set

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb