Purchasing movies and watching on xbox and watching on WP8 also

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
Wondering how the movies system works. If I purchase on xbox, where does the file get stored and is it possible to watch it later on a WP8 device or surface?

thanks

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So can you watch the movie on your Surface then? Or does it remain unplayable? This might be the deal breaker for me for switching from my iPhone. Once I buy a movie I want to be able to watch it on any of my devices. Sounds like the Microsoft ecosystem isn't up to par yet..

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
So far, I've purchased six movies and I'm able to view them on my Xbox, windows 8 desktop, and the surface. When purchasing, read the details. Some movies will not be able to stream after a certain date. If you download it to your desktop or Xbox, you're fine.

mpovolo

May 10, 2011
Visit site
If I purchase on Surface or Xbox, can you have them downloaded to a network storage drive like a NAS. If not, with windows explorer its easy to move it, with XBOX how do you do that. Storing all the movie downloads on an xbox with no backup setup etc would be an issue for me. Right not, any itunes purchases go into my itunes folder which is actually on my server.

thanks

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
If I purchase on Surface or Xbox, can you have them downloaded to a network storage drive like a NAS. If not, with windows explorer its easy to move it, with XBOX how do you do that. Storing all the movie downloads on an xbox with no backup setup etc would be an issue for me. Right not, any itunes purchases go into my itunes folder which is actually on my server.

thanks

I guess on surface and Xbox you could just stream the movies you bought.

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
So far, I've purchased six movies and I'm able to view them on my Xbox, windows 8 desktop, and the surface. When purchasing, read the details. Some movies will not be able to stream after a certain date. If you download it to your desktop or Xbox, you're fine.

So did you purchase these directly on your Xbox or on your PC through the Xbox music app? If you bought them on your Xbox, how did you get them to your computer?

TeknoBlast

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
So did you purchase these directly on your Xbox or on your PC through the Xbox music app? If you bought them on your Xbox, how did you get them to your computer?

I purchased the movies from both the Xbox and my computer. One purchase for all. As of now, you can purchase movies on your xbox, but it still uses the MS Point system. After you purchase the movie, you have the option to download the movie file to the xbox hard drive. if you do not want to download it, you can stream it. Now go back to your windows 8 desktop or surface, go to the Video app and that movie you just purchase will show up in the My Videos section of Video app. Again, when you select the movie, you have the option to stream or download the movie to your local drive. If you purchase a movie from your desktop or surface, it uses money currency, not the point system.

hope this clears it up for you guys.

ZoSo925

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Why would you spend money on a movie when you can download it for free on Usenet? I am able to play every new release movie in perfect HD quality on my Nokia 920

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo