Ringtone profiles? Custom alarm ringtones?

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
Hey there! I got my red Lumia 920 from a german store last week and I am kinda happy so far (the battery sucks, but I'm still hoping for improvement)

BUT, there are two things that I simply dont understand:

1. If I wanted to mute my phone. Mute it completely, so no vibration etc. Do I have to press the volume control buttons until it says 0/30? Can't be right, can it?

2. I hate all those alarm sounds. They are driving me crazy. I used to wake up to this song lol: Edith Piaf - Non, je ne regrette rien - (original) - YouTube How can I set it up? I can only select from about 50 ringtones, that I don't like.

That's it so far. Thanks!

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
For mute/silent mode unfortunately they did not give you the option to toggle both vibrate and the ringer on the volume control so you get 2 choices:

If vibrate is on in the settings then you see Ring+vibrate & vibrate, if vibrate is off in the settings, then you get Ring & Silent. You have to toggle vibrate on or off in the settings as it's won't show that in the volume control.

As for the custom alarm sound, you should be able to take a custom ringtone and save it to the ringtones folder on the device via USB or app and select it as the alarm sound.

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
You can tap the alarm icon that appears in the upper right corner to quickly change ring/silent options without having to turn the volume all the way down.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
For mute/silent mode unfortunately they did not give you the option to toggle both vibrate and the ringer on the volume control so you get 2 choices:

If vibrate is on in the settings then you see Ring+vibrate & vibrate, if vibrate is off in the settings, then you get Ring & Silent. You have to toggle vibrate on or off in the settings as it's won't show that in the volume control.

Thanks. That's not the way I would have liked it to be, but maybe they'll add something to it soon.

As for the custom alarm sound, you should be able to take a custom ringtone and save it to the ringtones folder on the device via USB or app and select it as the alarm sound.

I checked it with some other mp3's and it worked. Thanks. It looks like my Lumia can't handle some of my mp3's, dunno why :(

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
I think there's a size limit on ringtones, but I don't recall what it is offhand. Search around and you'll likely find it mentioned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss