SkyDrive albums in Photo Hub missing album covers

castewa88

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
On the Albums pivot in the Photo Hub, all of the Local and Facebook albums with at least one picture show a picture on the album tile. However, the SkyDrive tiles are just blank (or black) even if they do have a picture in album. In WP7, these covers also showed one of the pictures, but on my Lumia 920 (WP8) they won't. Any ideas?

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
This is also happening to me. It happened to my Mobile Uploads folder first. So I deleted it. Restarted the phone. Added it back. Restarted the phone and it was fine. Now my other albums on SkyDrive are doing it. But I just recently added a totally new folder and that one has an album cover. It makes the album view look ugly with a bunch of grey tiles.

castewa88

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I thought I'd resolved the issue by creating all new folders and moving my photos to the new folders. This made the album covers show, so I thought there must've just been something corrput with the older folders and I deleted them since they had been emptied when I moved the pics over. Now, the problem has come back with all of the new folders. Like you said, it makes the view ugly with all of the grey tiles. It must be some kind of bug with the SkyDrive integration. Maybe that can find it and fix it on SkyDrive without having to update the phone OS.

vdubskey

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Yea I was gonna tweet windows phone support but I'm still having them look into why board express isn't letting me purchase it. I'll shoot them a tweet tomorrow. They are actually pretty quick with responses.

E Lizzle

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem here. There's also an issue where videos taken on the phone have a gray icon on the skydrive website.

-E

Lundon44

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
Unfortunate to see it's been months with still no fix in sight. Slowly each folder in becoming greyed out over time. Also note that you cannot pin these grey folders to the homescreen anymore.

Very unfortunate...

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I have just found this out, I did this test, 1st I made all new albums, moved pictures, deleted old ones in SkyDrive and all was ok for over 3 weeks. BUT then I turn off my phone then turn it back on and YES they are gone again. This happened before and I thought I would do this test to see for sure. So just don't turn off your phone and you're good to go. So I guess it's like having a car but not being able to drive it forward but only in reverse like Windows Phone is heading.

Sam Wong

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure the issue is not related to phone being power off. I moved around all my Photo folders in Skydrive a few days ago. The covers appear ok now and I power off my phone every night. I guess it is something else that trigger the issue but I'm not sure what.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the issue is not related to phone being power off. I moved around all my Photo folders in Skydrive a few days ago. The covers appear ok now and I power off my phone every night. I guess it is something else that trigger the issue but I'm not sure what.
well for me it is related to powering of the phone. All my photos are ok until I power off phone then "bam" there gone. MS email me and is working on it. No update as of today.

uopjo6

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Can't believe this issue hasn't been addressed by MS for 8 months since launch. 8 months and no stupid thumbnail fix. Really?
I haven't even begun with the Other Storage issue that has been ignored as well.

Colin920

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
I can't believe the problem still haven't got a fix after GDR2 Amber, I assume Microsoft developers don't really use WP8??? How can they not notice the problem and adjust it after 9 months. This is so embarrassing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo