Twitter App Wouldn't Download Latest Version

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My friend just got a Nokia Lumia 810 from T-Mobile and was trying to download the official Twitter app. The Marketplace store tells him that the latest version available is 1.5.1.0 . However, when he downloads the app, version 1.3.4692.24603 downloads instead! ...and there is no "update available" notification or anything like that! Anyone have a similar issue?
Thanks in advance

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did u try deleting the app completely and downloading it again?
What apps are u having issues with? or is it the store in general?

kellow87

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
no I havent tried that yet, will give that a go. just don't seem to get updates for any apps at all. whether there aren't any updates im not sure but just curious to why I don't get the actual notification when there is an update like twitter for example. I think the twitter app is ok actually, it works so thats the main thing.

Last edited:

kellow87

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Just tried uninstalling then reinstalling the twitter. It was listed as latest version 1.5.... But the version i have reinstalled is version 1.3...... Any ideas?

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
that's exactly what's happening on my friend's phone...weird - i guess just download rowi instead since i've heard so many good things about it + it's free!

tarzanmarzan

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I apologize for trying to skirt around the issue. To be honest I would tweet or email twitter about the update issue and let Microsoft know asap!

Its your phone and your app and if I liked what works I'd try an find a solution too.

kellow87

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
no worries, it's not just the twitter app that im thinking about. just my phone in general and was wondering if there was a simple fix

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs