Is there a way to download any file from email and save it to a folder on the phone?

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I have ATT and chose to go w/ the 3 gb plan as I dont use that much data over ATT's network. Due to their bs of making you pay more for tethering, I wanted to know if there is a way you can download any type of file through your email/browser and save it to your phone. That way when you connect it to your computer, you can save those files to your pc.

I only need this occasionally when Im out working in different places that do not have Wifi. I really can not fathom giving in to paying more to use data I already pay for, but that is a subject for a different thread.

I tried this a week ago and couldnt do what I wanted to do. I received a zip file through email. I could open it on the phone, but it did not save it anywhere that was accessible to my pc. The only folders I see are Documents, Music, Videos, etc.

If you can copy and file from your pc to your phone, you should be able to copy any file that you get through email/browser to your phone. They should also give us access to those files, no matter what file type, when using the phone so you can email it, for example.

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Sadly, no. Not yet at least. I've been complaining about this for a while now. Seems stupid. I heard iOS users couldn't do it either. I haven't used iOS in over a year so I don't know. But that needs to change. At least let us save it to sky drive.

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Sadly, no. Not yet at least. I've been complaining about this for a while now. Seems stupid. I heard iOS users couldn't do it either. I haven't used iOS in over a year so I don't know. But that needs to change. At least let us save it to sky drive.

Well even with that, it wouldnt be enough. When I am at certain places for work, there is no wifi at all. And sometimes, I need a file or something from someone that isnt always a document or pdf. And there is currently no way I can get that file from my phone and put it on my computer.

Juiblex

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I have a similar issue on my 920, I was trying to download an .exe file for work from a website and I got a message that the file type was not supported. If I have my andriod tablet I could have done it no problem. =(

DaveGx

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
That's unfortunate. I have a similar issue on my 920, I was trying to download an .exe file for work from a website and I got a message that the file type was not supported. If I have my andriod tablet I could have done it no problem. =(

Yeah. Such a simple thing, yet important at times to some of us. Like other things, this would be extremely easy for MS to implement. However, its unclear if its something they refuse to ever allow us to do, or something they just didnt think of or get to.

I love WP, but its times like these I miss the openness of Android. You can do almost anything with that platform.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb