Is it possible to set up Dvorak keyboard layout on Windows Phone 8?

4fool

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Dvorak keyboard layout a few years ago for my laptop, and cannot go back to QWERTY.

Is there any way to get a Dvorak keyboard layout for Windows Phone 8? I couldn't seem to find any options - neither native or apps.

Didn't even find any apps to do it. Surely this should be possible. Would anybody know if this is even possible through some programming?

Given that it is now the Windows NT kernel, I would think that it is possible to change the base keyboard to Dvorak.

Any ideas would be much appreciated. I would pay good money to get myself a Dvorak keyboard layout on Windows Phone 8.

If this is not possible, I will have to consider Android/iPhone.

4fool

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Any ideas or pointers on how to go about the homebrew?

This is a deal breaker for me. Unless I can find a way to type that is either Dvorak or some completely different scheme such as the curved keyboard, I can't get a Windows Phone, and will have to get Android with SwiftKey.

Another option I am looking at is http://www.snapkeys.com but they seem to have been in Alpha for ever. Not sure that it will ever come to fruition.

Anybody that can help - please do!

This is the last thing that I need to figure out before getting myself a Nokia Lumia 920. But without this solved, I can't. Please, please help!

4fool

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Loads of downloadable keyboards dvorak isn't one of them.
Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

SnailUK, the existence of downloadable keyboards would imply that it is possible to create a custom keyboard and have Windows Phone 8 use it. That is great news.

However, I am learning that it is impossible to provide Windows Phone 8 with a custom keyboard. Are you sure that you are referring to Windows Phone 8 and not 7.x? Have you actually downloaded one of these and got WP8 to use it?

Do post some links to the downloads, so that I can check them out.

Thanks.

4fool

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
2 years, Leaps in technology. Still no ability to get Dvorak layout on WP.

Anybody expect it to be possible/have credible knowledge of it being in WP 10?

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre