My Chronicles of having a Windows Phone - Chapter 2

jbudke

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Chapter 2 - Calendar.

I am not writing this to point out what is wrong, but more as a way to say here is what needs to work differently.

Multiple Calendar and Email accounts work well, mostly. I run two primary calendars. One is a work based Microsoft Exchange calendar and the other is a web based outlook.com calendar. See both are Microsoft products. On my work computer I have installed the Outlook connector to allow access to my web based outlook.com from my desk top. This works great. I can add appointments on either calendar and they show up on my phone and all is well. Reversing the work flow, which is adding something to the phone manually, I can pick which calendar and again, the appointment appears on my desktop in the appropriate calendar. Things are looking good so far. And to go a step further, if I add an appointment in the web client it appears on the desktop. So far so good. Now (he types ominously) lets talk about Meeting Requests. This is where things get sticky.

A meeting request sent to the exchange server work account shows up on the desk top and then syncs and shows up on the phone. Check. A meeting request send to outlook.com, and excepted using the web interface, is loaded onto the web calendar and gets synced to the desktop and phone. Looking good. Now for the fall down. A meeting request sent to the outlook.com calendar and accepted "on the phone" gets added to the phones calendar, but that new calendar appointment does not sync with the web client or the desktop. I.E. only lives on the phone. WTF! Now software engineers will tell you that the work around is just to create a new appointment, just like the one accepted via the phone, and shazam, all is good. And this does work. But come on MS. Why. Why! Would this one little thing not work. If an appointment is on the calendar and my calendar syncs, why would an appointment generated from a meeting request not sync? I am stupified.

As I hinted at the end of chapter 1, Chapter 3 may deal with SkyDrive.

Stay Tuned.

For those who missed chapter one, below is the URL

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-8/204273-my-chronicles-having-windows-phone.html

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I've never had that problem. If I did, it would drive me up a wall.

Have you tried verifying that you're using Exchange mode rather than "Outlook.com" mode, on your device?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre