Gmail ExchangeActiveSync Problem

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's the problem. I don't know what the heck that is. I don't use the web interface for gmail and searching through the settings on it yielded no results. What is this google apps they speak of?

*I'm ignoring the fact that you were being facetious. I can obviously read the message, the question is what the **** does it mean and where do I find these settings?*

doctordowling

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
That's the problem. I don't know what the heck that is. I don't use the web interface for gmail and searching through the settings on it yielded no results. What is this google apps they speak of?

*I'm ignoring the fact that you were being facetious. I can obviously read the message, the question is what the **** does it mean and where do I find these settings?*

Sorry, I was actually trying to be helpful. What i meant to ask was if you had a personal Gmail email address (ie: brandon@gmail.com) or a Google Apps address (ie: brandon@website.edu). Google Apps addresses are usually businesses or universities that use Google as the backend for their email servers.

nextbgates95

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
I got this message when I tried to set up more than 1 personal Gmail account on my phone. What fixed it for me was to remove the account (long press and "delete") and re-add it again. If you're getting that error, it means you've at least set up the account correctly (username, password, server address, that is). I would try to readd it and see if that works.

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That was the first thing I tried, but I'll try it again when I get off the phone with Rogers. Twits have had me on hold for almost 20 minutes now... urg

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Still haven't figured it out. I'm going to try a bunch of stuff with it today and narrow it down. Is it too much to ask for things to just work Google? o_O

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
This may not be the most desirable solution but it does work. Get yourself a Hotmail account or whatever they call it now. Have Google forward all of your mail to this new address. Have WP sync to the Microsoft account you have setup.

Microsoft wants you to use there ecosystem. It will always work better than interfacing to another's system.

Edwin4NOH8

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
If it's a personal Gmail account then I don't believe you can set it up through ActiveSync.

I compared my personal Gmail account with my Google Apps account and the option to enable ActiveSync is only available on my Google Apps account. To set up my personal Gmail account on my 8X I went into email + accounts -> Add an Account -> Google.

CapnPauly

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It works for me if I do this:
-Add e-mail account ->Advanced setup
-enter my e-mail address & password
-Select Exchange ActiveSync
-enter my full e-mail address as the username
-set aspmx.l.google.com as the domain
-set m.google.com as the server

Just set it up this morning and it is syncing without issue. :)

ImmortalWarrior

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
If it's a personal Gmail account then I don't believe you can set it up through ActiveSync.

I compared my personal Gmail account with my Google Apps account and the option to enable ActiveSync is only available on my Google Apps account. To set up my personal Gmail account on my 8X I went into email + accounts -> Add an Account -> Google.

Yeah I was doing this on my 900, but then I discovered that Gmail supports ActiveSync. This makes the most sense but then how are other people with personal Gmail accounts doing it?

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
The issue lies with Google. They have tweaked they IMAP[SUP]2[/SUP] protocols so much for Android, that when you try to use any other STANDARDS based application, you have tons of issue. They have optimized Gmail for the Android experience, so I would suggest migrating to another mail service.

martan1981#WN

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Why are you talking about IMAP, when this thread is about exchange. WP8 has problems, when you set your gmail as IMAP, but has zero problems when you set it via exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

DeathBreath

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Why are you talking about IMAP, when this thread is about exchange. WP8 has problems, when you set your gmail as IMAP, but has zero problems when you set it via exchange.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

That's not entirely true. I woke up this morning to having no emails. I thought it was strange because I get a lot of emails. I checked my Nexus 7 and I had 11 new emails. I tried to force an sync, but still no update. Finally I rebooted the phone and then updates came through. I'm not sure if it's related to the bug mentioned above. And yes, I'm using gmail exchange.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb