Additional security lock / password for email / facebook.

Cimota

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I've been an Android user since my HTC Hero but decided to test out Windows land via my wife`s new phone :)

She has just taken delivery of a new Lumia 800 today and one issue she has noticed straight away is security.

On her old (Android) phone she had a lock screen / password to get into the phone then also had a separate "app lock" with a different password to secure her email & facebook.

The reason for this is so that she can allow family members access to her phone to make calls but not to be able to fiddle with her personal stuff.

Is this something that is possible on her new shine phone or is it back to Android?

Thanks for any advice.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I think the 800 and 900 are probably the same go to setting then lock and wallpaper and scroll down to password set up a password and dont forget it. Hope that helps

Cimota

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for that.

That would just activate the screen lock - we already have that activated.

What I'm after is something that would ask for a password when you try to open a particular "App" or "Tile".

I've got a funny feeling the phone will be going back. I'm encountering too many things that it wont do that I take for granted on Android.

Trying to keep an open mind though !!

Cimota

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Ah well.

I (we) really did try with the phone but really couldn't get past the lack of flexibility.

Even "her indoors" (who is a class A luddite) asked to go back to android......... & she doesn't even know what android is :)

The Lumia 800 is now back to where I bought it & new (android) phone arriving today.

We will maybe revisit WP at the next phone upgrade.......

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon