How to Stream Xbox Music Windows Phone HTC 8x

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I signed up for the Xbox Music Pass trial and cannot seem to find out how to stream music from my phone. I have a Music app on my Windows 8 pc which works. When I signed up it does say that it streams using any Windows 8 device. I tried the Music + Videos app, but can't seem to find out how to stream from that app. What am I not doing? THX.

From the Xbox website:

Unlimited music across all your devices

With Xbox Music Pass you get unlimited access to millions of songs on your Windows 8 or Windows RT tablet, PC, Windows Phone 8, and Xbox 360. Instantly stream songs or download them to listen offline. And effortlessly sync your collection across your devices so that your music follows you wherever you go.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Search for the artist/track/genre you want in the store.

Hit the play button next to the individual tracks.

Voila! Streaming!

You can make albums into playlists by tapping "... -> save as playlist."

Simple as that!

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I don't see a search option. If I go to Music+Videos I see Xbox, Collection, History and New on the top. If I go under Collections, I see a list of a few dozen songs but I don't see a way to search. I'm looking to stream music like Pandora does.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You have to go into the Xbox Music Store and then search in there. To be clear under "Xbox" you should have a panel "Xbox Music Store"

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
I don't see a search option. If I go to Music+Videos I see Xbox, Collection, History and New on the top. If I go under Collections, I see a list of a few dozen songs but I don't see a way to search. I'm looking to stream music like Pandora does.

What country are you in? Isn't there restrictions on xbox music pass in some countries?

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I'm in the US BTW. I go to the store and search and find a group and when I click on it, the is a price under each song. If I go to the Xbox Music Store, I can find songs, but there is a price on those also.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
If I go to Music + Video under Collection, I can go to music and play music from the list without being charged, but there isn't much in there. I know I have to be doing something wrong. I'm coming from Android, so this is new to me.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Not all songs will be available for streaming and will have a purchase only option. Is this happening with every song you search? I just did a search for The Pharcyde, tapped one of their albums and it immediately started playing.

brmiller1976

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Ignore the price. That's the price to purchase and download the song for permanent use.

Just press the little play icon next to the track you want, and it will work. Trust me.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The song does play when I hit the little play icon, but it only plays for about 30 seconds then moves over to the next song.

Now my Xbox music works perfect on my Windows 8 PC when I go under the Music app. I just can't believe that I can't figure this out. :( I feel stupid.

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Make sure that your MAIN account (the account you signed in with when you originally set up the phone) is the same account as you use on your Windows 8 PC. I know it sounds stupid, but you've said yourself that you're new to this, so I just want to make sure this error is already covered.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Paladinleeds, I just checked that and the 30 Day Music Pass Trial is listed under my account and says that it expires on 12/23/12, so that looks good. In that screen, if I go to Manage Music Devices, I don't see anything listed. It says to Listen to Xbox Music and the devices will appear, but apparently I'm not doing something right since it is not showing up.

lzicc

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
brmiller1976 it looks like that did itt. I tried a few songs and the full version played. :) Wow, I was feeling really stupid. Thanks for everyone's help

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster