How do I get Facebook friends out of my contacts?

abhibh

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
You can just filter the contacts

On Start, flick left to the App list, and then tap Settings.
Tap People by flicking left to the Applications.
Now, Tap Filter my contacts list, select the accounts from which you want to show contacts, and then tap Done.

para4175

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i am still having the same problem as the person above. i went into setting and unchecked facebook, twitter, etc. all the ones i do not want in my contacts list and it still shows up, then i unchecked the hotmail account. then i have nothing in my contacts list. not sure how to just have my contacts that i originally started with before adding accounts like twitter, and facebook.

thanks

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
i am still having the same problem as the person above. i went into setting and unchecked facebook, twitter, etc. all the ones i do not want in my contacts list and it still shows up, then i unchecked the hotmail account. then i have nothing in my contacts list. not sure how to just have my contacts that i originally started with before adding accounts like twitter, and facebook.

thanks

Any chance that you somehow have your facebook contacts duplicated into your hotmail, and that's why they don't disappear until you uncheck hotmail? If you uncheck facebook, twitter, and hotmail (assuming no google or yahoo, or linkedin), then your contact list should be empty at that point...

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
How do I my Facebook friends out of my contacts? It is really bothering me. I do not talk to half of my Facebook contacts, let a lone call them.

A better solution would be to un-friend them on Facebook. Why would you have a Facebook account full of people that you don't consider friends?

One of the things that I like so much about the OS is the way it integrates your contacts into the people hub. Your experience will be much more enjoyable if your contacts are an honest reflection of your true social circle. Un-friend away! It's a liberating experience, trust me.

hopmedic

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Well, if they're actually duplicated in hotmail, delete them. You're not going to be deleting them from facebook. The worst case scenario is that you redo the connection between facebook and hotmail. Not a problem. The scenario I'm describing is that if somehow (how, I don't know) you copied your facebook contacts into your hotmail contacts. Not linked them, but actually copied them. That's the only way I can figure that you're having the problem you're describing, unless either you're not describing it well, or I'm not understanding it well. ;-)

para4175

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
just wanted to say thanks.
I some how copied all my facebook contacts into my hotrmail account. i went through and deleted all of the facebook contacts, then restarted the phone. and everything is good to go. thanks for your help and patience.

VintageHippie

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Newbie user here, but I had the same problem. Using Windows 8 mobile. I go to my contacts page, then click ....Filter contacts....uncheck facebook. No more contacts from there. I assume they're in there someplace because as others have said, they come up in my text message choices. Now, that said, the reason I'm posting is that I agree this should be fixed to delete those we don't wish to see. Seems to me that there is an issue with the FB app on their end, however, making it not possible for a full delete. Maybe Microsoft and FB can come to an understanding with the app designer to make this a function in an update SOON.

Jennifer Saks

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Okay, I'm having the same issue. I have the Lumia 920. I don't see a Hotmail account (which I don't have on the computer anyway) but I have Facebook, Gmail, Nokia, Google and Skype...I unchecked ALL of them and all my FB contacts are still on there. Someone mentioned unfriending them. That's not the issue. We all have people we don't necessarily call, but like to stay in touch with. Also, I have a bunch of friends in Europe and Israel that I don't ever call but they are FB friends. So HOW do I get all these off my phone? I went into the phone book itself and accidentally called someone I didn't mean to call (blush). I'd really like to just delete my whole phone book and then enter back in the ones I need.

Arcadani

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I have to agree with you. If i wanted all of my contacts in one list i would amalgamate them myself. Another intrusion and problem caused by this damned ****ty os. I am going back Apple they may stalk you but they do what i want them to do not what they want to do.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon